Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yesterday's Yard Sale Find

GregB

Went past a yard sale on my way to the wholesale club. Saw this on the way out, and thought if it was still there on the way back, I'll stop to check it out.

smallwalkblower.jpg

Got it for $250, not a steal but I'm happy about it. 8hp Techumsah, electric start, 5 forward and 2 reverse.Looks like it was hardly used, no worn paint anywhere, hardly dirty.Would not run to any speed, so off with the carb, clean out the crud, free up the sticky governor, works good now :D:DBut now I'm looking for info on engine and carb. I just guessed at where the main and idle were set so looking for some direction.

That's a steal for that machine. You would not find it running for that price! Good purchase. Heck, snowblowers run decades not years being they are not used much. Plus, I like the old tecumsehs better than the new briggs snow kings. They like to run in the cold and don't bog bad under a load. Too bad they are out. The good news is that motor is on almost every thrower...always plenty of used parts available!

Nice clean machine for 250.00. Looks to be basicly the same as the one I picked up, just newer and in better shape.

What would have made 1st gear start acting like reverse on mine? Didn't do it til I was letting my daughter test her likings with it.

Greg,

Tecumseh (2009) sold out most of the engine business/support to Husky!

My local Western Auto, Husky dealer said that he can still get parts, if you have the original Tecumseh part #s. Including Peerless.

Wayne

The number for the blower is 1691900, S/N 52757, already got the Operation and Parts manual.

The 8hp snow King is a HMSK80 155549U (H) DOM 6143D.

Was poking around online parts places, only listing for this motor was found on Parts tree. Carb kit was pictured but not listed?

Yea a bunch of stuff, but most of them did not list the HMSK80. The ones who did pictured a carb bowl bolt instead of the main jet style that mine has.

I did figure out the engine was built in 2006.

Thanks for the part number of the carb to start the search

Is there a place I can download a parts manual and operation manual for the engine?

Greg,

Try calling your local Husqvarna dealer, Mine is Western Auto in Pennsberg (family owned and maintained, nice folks) @(215) 679-2089.

Good Hunting!

Wayne

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • PRMax9020
    • Ronald Hribar
    • lt-scir
    • AC710
    • WardM
    • tripleguy
    • TheFlash300
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts