Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tractor question

preacherman1966

I have a a/c 712h ..I know the 716 is basically the same tractor but with a bigger motor.. what is the the next bigger tractor .. I'm new to this and don't have anybody to talk to for the answers. I talked to a lawnmower repair man he said you don't hardly find parts for them because they never tore up they just kept going and going lol I just smiled happy to own one8D

The Allis Chalmers 620 is practically a small farm tractor and noticeably bigger than your 712. I'm kind of new to this as well so I've just seen pictures in various topics on this forum. Do a search and read up for yourself. There is a wealth of friendly help and in-depth knowledge. Welcome and enjoy! Dave

Dennis, I have an Allis 716H and only one other tractor was bigger in the Allis 700 series, the 718H which was powered by a 18hp kohler over head valve engine. I believe it was only made and offered one year and only came on two or three other brands of tractors. Simplicity made the same tractor as the 712H with a Briggs and Stratton cast iron single cylinder in 10, 12, 13, 14, and 16 hp but they had an extra zero in the model number, so A 12 hp Simplicity like yours would have been a 7012H. The 700/7000 series was made from 1974-1978/79 then Allis/Simplicity came out with a new series in 1979 or 1980, Allis called their models the 900 series and Simplicity called there's the 7100 series, you can see the difference from the 700/7000 series by the slit vents at the front of the hood, These newer series were also offered in 17 hp and 19 hp KT17 and KT19 twin cylinder engines as well as 10, 12, 14, and 16 hp single cylinders. BTW, the 900 series Allis and 7100 series Simplicity also offered a air-cooled diesel twin, the Allis 920 with a 18.5 hp Lombardini and the Simplicity 7790 with the same engine. Good Luck Al