Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar deck bracket puzzle

Jives

Hi all:

Been a while since I posted. I picked up a DA 1920, a far cry from my past little Yeoman. I've taken off the 60" deck to refurbish it, and the PO had the deck hanger brackets incorrectly mounted (not even close), but I'm not sure what is the correct way. The pic below shows the bracket in question. The bracket has a little slot, but I have no idea what this slot is for. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeff

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/jives/bracket.jpg

The bracket has both a hole and a slot. The "J" end of #24 fits into the hole and is secured

with a washer and a clevis pin. (At least, that is what was the arrangement when I got the tractor.) I don't have any deck covers, so I cannot say that the covers would fit in the slots. But, the bracket is attached to the deck pretty loose (not supposed to be?), so it would seem that the deck cover would get bent up if it fit in the slot.

Jeff

The bracket with the slot goes under the deck cover. If you were setting on your seat looking down the bracket on the left side goes against the spring that is used to keep your belt tight in the mower deck and the other one is not against any thing.