Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T8 differences

Noly

what are the differences between the Allis built and Simplicity built T8s. My son found a T8 tiller, push blade, mower deck, and tire chains bought it but he is 3hours away and won't be able to deliver it for a couple of weeks. Thanks

My Allis built Homelite T16H has a square tube and the tiller has a square rod to connect the tiller to the tractor, everything else is the same, not sure about the T-8

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Todd...doesn't the hitch bolt right on like other smallframes? I thought the transaxle was the same?

id="quote">
id="quote">The t8 I got and like you got had a little different hitch,and yes transaxles are the same.I think when simplicity and allis split they did this so attachments wouldnt work on both.

This was mainly done to satisfy the SEC pressure against a monopoly. there also was a corporate concern as to competition against the "tin merchants" (big box stores). Ergo the 4200, etc series machines. More LTs, less GTs!. The one change that really satisfied the "beltway .GOV Idiots" was the flipping of the deck discharges.

Wayne

The flipping of the deck discharge, also meant different blades were required, to accommodate the requisite reverse rotation. Woe to those who had either a personal stash of good blades, and/or an investment in "gator" blades!

Wayne