Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
preacherman1966

Help on implement/lift

preacherman1966

On implements that hook to sleeve hitch there is along solid rod that is used to lift the implements what is the O.D. of the rod?

I am building a lift for my 712 I need to know this so I can put the right size tube on the lift bracket.. any help would be appreciatedd:)

preacherman1966

the part listed as "S" Lift Lever Bracket has a tube or a sleeve that is about 6" long I am unsure of the Inside Diameter of the tube

I was told that the implements that works on sleeve hitches have a rod/lifting arm its about 12 to 18 inches long .. I have only seen pictures of it lol Im new to Garden tractors they appear to be about 1" in diameter thats the measurment I need the outside Diameter of the Rod or the or the inside diameter of the tube ....

thanks for your Help

RayS

The inside diameter of the lift lever bracket is 1". Outside is around 1-1/4".

Not sure of what the 12" to 18" long rod/ lifting are that you are referring to. Reference 5 in the 2nd picture is about 7" - 7-1/2" from the top of the bend to the end of the threads. It has 2" of threads. The rod is 1/2" diameter and is 1/2"-20 threads on OEM.

rokon2813

Dennis, I'm pretty sure you are mixing 2 different terms. A lot of us do.

Ray has pictured above a "sleeve hitch".

The part you are referring to we usually call a "one point hitch" or "rear lift"

The rod he is referring to I think, is the one that is part of the cultivator, part of the tiller, separate on the old style plow with the lift chain etc. and slides into the rear lift to raise the attachment.

For the one bottom plow it is 10" long I think.

Also 10" on the cultivator.

It is an integral part of tillers, as well as most or all rear attachments for that era tractor.

The separate rod was mostly on the earlier stuff.

preacherman1966

Thanks to both of you the 1" I.D. is the measurement that I was referring to..thanks RayS

The rod I was referring to is the 10" rod you mentioned Rokon2813

Thanks for your help

Sorry for not knowing the correct terminology lol I am still new to this I have only had my little tractor for about 2 weeks and my knowledge is limited to what I can find online and in the forum thanks to you all I'm learningdOd