Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
curlett

simplicity plow question

curlett

I found a simplicity plow sitting in a junkyard and couldn't let it go to waste so I bought it. The model number on it is 990204. My question is will this plow fit on a 7000 or 7100 series tractor? I'm pretty sure it was made for tractors from the 60's but I don't see any reason it wouldn't fit on the newer tractors. I won't have a chance to play with it for a few days and was just wondering if I'm going to run into any problems using it on my tractors, Thanks.

rokon2813

It will fit either series. There should be no problems using that plow on either one. With the possible exception of your rear tires being too wide for the furrow.

skunkhome

The throat is about 3/8" wider than the tube on a single point so it might have some play if pinned to a newer single point Hitch . You will need to use a bar and chain lift but should do fine.

curlett

I got a chance to try it out today and it worked great, just add it to my collection:D the rear tires just fit in the furrow but it would probably be better with skinnier tires but it's good enough for me. The hitch is a simplicity hitch so no problems there either. Thanks for the input everyone