Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rather unique.......................

BLT

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,displayed at the LaPorte show:

AC_ambulance.jpg

and in a category all by itself but nevertheless built by AC.What looks like fenders are skis that could be attached to the trailer wheels and front axle spindles.

Hows the heater and radio??

Could be my wife's next winter car so I don't have to drive her every time she can't see blacktop.

I spoke with the owner for quite some time, and they had quite the process to restore the machine. They even replicated the stitchwork, and hand made the various obsolete canvas fasteners, etc. The skis are a laminated wood/aluminum combo...their son took the task of building them like OEM. They have tracked down info around the world indicating at least 30 if these still exist, though most are incomplete, modified or rusting away. Some went to other countries in military surplus sales (England, Australia etc), and some are still in use (they said one is being used in Oregon, hauling logs up mountainsides for a private lumberjacking outfit)

It said on a sign, it was built for rescuing downed pilots/airmen in the artic...the color looks funny but it is pure white,, even the rubber tires...very cool sm01

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Snojetter
    • GregB
    • mbsengineer
    • Chris727
    • simplewrench
    • Darl Swartz
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts