Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

All decked out

TFF

In the course of feeding my tractor addiction, I have amassed a few mower decks. The problem is I need help identifying which decks will work with what series tractors. Of the 11 decks I have, I have four left to identify...all the rest are on tractors or I found an ID number. Please look at the picture...the farthest two I have numbers for. It's the first four. Also, what's the difference between the ones with one spindle pulley versus the ones with four? I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance on this...

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg.0d1d1215868e484a0ea8e79c4bffb08f.jpg

First, your picture is too small for me to pick out much detail.

Not sure what you mean by 1 spindle pulley versus 4 ???

Front one appears to have the adjusters set narrower than the second one.

That would make the front one for foot draggers, and the second for running board tractors.

If that first deck is in fact 42", it will fit pretty much every yellow A/C and it's equivalent.

If it is 48" then only the longer wheelbase ones, like 212, 212, 3210 3212 etc.

3rd one too far away to see, but it looks like the carrier frame is 2 separate bars, rather than 1 u shaped one. That will help ID it, but I don't know the specific models that used those.

4th one appears to have the narrow adjusters, so all the early Simplicity if it is a 42" deck. 700, 725, Landlord, Landlord 101 2010, 2012 etc, and their yellow counterparts

Hope this helps

Great! Thanks. So a general rule is the adjusters determine if it will fit a foot dragger or running board? I've attached some individual pictures. Also, I meant the wheels on top of the deck for the belts...some have one and others have four.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg.838b55ef9d7a6d1250401ff220b2e292.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg.1546b70e34e8428e61f73b407b30e340.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg.239990faa3b4229a3a1357927e15da56.jpg

If you are referring to the ones with one pulley sticking out of the belt cover. It is for the PTO belt. The other 3 are under the belt covers.

The orange deck with white covers is for a RBT and the rest appear to be for FTD`s

Another difference between the FDT decks and RBT is the driven pulley size. The FDT decks use a smaller pulley designed to be used with the "hanging" PTO assembly. Most RBT tractors have the cone clutch and the decks use a larger drive pulley. If the service is switched, the pulley should be changed to keep the deck blades at the design tip speed.

Also, before using any of the decks check to see if the idler pulley that keeps tension on the arbor belt is free to move. Many times it's stuck and the blades won't turn at speed under load. And if you've never removed any of the belt covers, you'll be amazed at the amount of grass clippings in there. Result is rust and even more so if the deck gets rained on. That's why many folks run the deck without them; easy to blow off after cutting, but it is a safely issue.