Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RIGHT HAND LIFT ASSEMBLEY

jklw77

Hello every one .Have a 1968 B110, it has a factory left hand lift assembley for impliments. As an option AC gave customers a choice of a dealer installed right lift arm assembley so you could mount / use 2 diffrent impliments on tractor at the same time . What other model tractors would interchange with the B110 ? Is there a specefic part # they used for this acessoriey. Found a B207E with only a right hand lift ,would this interchange ?Any help would be great. Thanks

Unfortunately, the B207 is a small frame lawn tractor, and it's standard right hand lift does not interchange with the large frame B110 garden tractor.Right Hand Lift options are popular, and used to be quite pricey ($200+). A member here (PeppyDan) has done a fantastic job having them reproduced for a more reasonable investment. I'd suggest reaching out to him and he can set you up. His product is top notch. My Big Ten is wearing one in this picture:

20140809_103117.jpg

Here is the lift you are referencing on the B207 you found (also, a very neat tractor). They appear similar, but are worlds apart.

20140809_085635.jpg

I don't see why not, if so equipped on a FDT...it can be used with hydraulic lift just fine. But, it won't fit an RBT without the proper quadrant and mounting to the rockshaft, and those are the machines typically setup with E-lift. This is the only RBT RHL I have ever seen:

20140518_200459.jpg

20140518_200505.jpg

20140518_200517.jpg

The lever is the same, the rest is completely different. It operates a bit different too. You lose your ability to mount a lift rod to either the rock shaft or the RHL as with a FDT. Once it's mounted, it's the only game in town on that side of the tractor. Your rockshaft can still move independent of the lever though.

Thanks Josh for the reply with pictures compairing model tractors.You look like you have a real work horse with the Big Ten with loader and sprayer....What a great looking tractor

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Thanks...glad it helps. I have a hard time without visuals, so I take lots of pics!

id="quote">
id="quote">Yep, Thanks Josh, really, really appreciate it.BUT, I'm not sure I understand it. So I could use this to lift a scraper blade underneath and use the other side or main lift to raise the rear lift? Why aren't you able to use a lever only attached through the one side of the frame in order to use a front lift rod? Thanks, again

quote:Why aren't you able to use a lever only attached through the one side of the frame in order to use a front lift rod?id="quote">
id="quote">

Mike:

You can. The left lift works through the rock shaft and lifts from the right side for front mounted implements and from underneath in the center for decks, grader blades, etc. The right hand lever moves independently of the rock shaft, and simply uses it as a place to mount and pivot from. The right hand lift does not affect the rock shaft movement.

Brett is spot on. To my knowledge, for RBT's, the RHL cannot be used for mid mounted attachments, however. The running board would need modification to allow this. The RHL on RBT's is only used for front mount use.

I'm least familiar with 3300/3400 series machines. Did those have a gap between the running board and frame that might allow RHL/mid attachment use? Seems they had running boards with more voids/gaps than later models.

FDT's had a tapped rockshaft, which allows for a stud with bushings to mount the RHL lever to it's center. The bolt turns with the rockshaft, but the bushings allow the lever to remain free. **The rockshaft lift arm remains free and available for use (can use mid and front attachments independently)

RBT's utilize a bracket with welded stud, that bolts to the rockshaft lift arm. The bracket uses the normal lift mounting holes. **The rockshaft lift arm is now in use, and unavailable (canNOT use mid and front attachments independently).

Josh, why couldn't you ad the lift arm that is bolted to your 208 to the mounting hole for mid mount use ??

You could add one to the original arm for left lift use, and one to the right lever for right lift use ??

You could technically add a third one, facing forward on the original lift arm, to use front attachment on the left side, and mid mount on the right.

You would just need a shorter rod from handle to front attachment.

If you had a hole in the running board, you could even use a B series arm and chain style to use mid mount from the left handle.

You could do all sorts of various things, with fab work. I was just describing the OEM style optional lift setups. The lever on a small frame tractor is welded to the rockshaft...can't just slide one on as you can with the large frame machines.

990594 Lift Kit Small Frame.JPG

57e060c4d97ca_990594LiftKitSmallFrame.JPG.f02e286043938e42361d56ad20bc3bfb.JPG

Thanks for the nice comments about my kit, that is always my goal to make them as close to original as possible using modern techniques. Jeff, just let me know if I can be of assistance.

Dan