Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jimmy_g

New guy with a question

jimmy_g

Hi all. since I am new to this site and they say the only stupid question is the one never asked.....here goes. Can someone give me the meaning of the term bgb. I have done searches and all I get is the abbreviation.I am assuming it is somewhere between engine and final drive,am I even close??? Thank you in advance. Jimmy

huffy

Welcome to the club.

bgb is an acronym for bevel gear box. It's the gear box mounted between the back of the frame and the tranny, which diverts the power from the driveshaft 90 degrees to power the transmission and pto pulleys.

dhoadley

I started coming here a little over a year ago a complete newbie. I didn't even know what I didn't know.:I This is a very patient and giving group. I read just about every new post every morning w/ my first (& second) coffee and you'll be surprised how much you'll learn. Enjoy! Dave

Burntime

Dave, when I started I had problem tying my shoes. Now, after many years, I can even tie my kids!:D Welcome to the club, there are many great people, and before you know it, you will have friends accross the continental U.S. This site is run very well and it draws a lot of great guys. It also is a wealth of information for the enthusiest.

jimmy_g

I have been rebuilding Wheel-Horses for years because that is what Dad and Gramps had. but when I farmed I had an Allis Chalmers WD45 and still have a model C. My main go to tractor is my DA 1920 Ultima, however where I am the Simplicity-AC-Deutz Garden tractors are a rarity.In time I want to restore some simp and AC gardens and now I have some friends in my corner:)and man am I going to need them!!!

rokon2813

Just curious Ken, do you work for one of the camper manufacturers??

Wow, I just checked to see where Jimmy is from.

I used to pull out of Wakarusa. Been a while.

goatfarmer
quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Just curious Ken, do you work for one of the camper manufacturers??Wow, I just checked to see where Jimmy is from.I used to pull out of Wakarusa. Been a while.

id="quote">
id="quote">I work for a major supplier to the RV industry. Lippert Components.

fishnwiz

Welcome to the club.

Dont be afraid to jump right in with anything that might be on your mind as we are always looking for a new perspective on things.id="size1">

tractorbay1

My name is Ken, I just joined today. I just in the last month purchased a Allis 410. I'm very pleased with the tractor. But I have a problem. I'm trying to locate a sleeve hitch for a brinley plow, I may be mistaken but I thought I seen where one of the club members can make the sleeve hitch in question. If so please contact me, or if anyone has a idea to where I can purchase one, it would be greatly appreciated.

tractorbay1

Still new, this is Ken again, about 15 years ago I purchased a simplicity broadmoor. Over the years I managed to lose some parts for the old girl, it's a 707, and I am in need of a grill, the hubcaps. As I intend to rebuild her, I will be needing these parts, does anyone know of a place to purchase these items. Thank you for any help you can provide.

PhanDad

tractorbay1,

It's best to start a new thread when you're looking for help on a different subject. That way folks with knowledge about your issue will see it in the post title and usually help out. Or put your pars request in the "classified" section; folk's that have something to sell routinely read that forum.

That said, at one time, RayS, our president made sleeve hitches. I don't know if he still does.