Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my collection

plowboy8650

My collection so far Simplicity 7117, Simplicity 2010, Homelite T-16 H, and 2 Allis Chalmers 410's. I bought the 410's as a package deal the one w/out the deck is supposed to be for part but it runs like a top the other 410 i think has a newer long block. The 2010 sat for 15 yrs. and the guy i got it from was going to scrap it after 3 hours I had it running like new, I don't know if i'm going to keep it or sell it I did however find a hydro lift for it . the 7117 I repowered with a 20 hp magnum its my work horse I have a HD tiller, snow plow and 2 different brinley plows for it i'm kinda thinking about putting a loader on it and the Homelite has been a long drawn out fixer upper that I haven't had the heart to sell and now my son is attached to it the motor is hopefully going back in it this weekend, it does have a matching homelite tiller.

098.000.jpg

098_000.jpg.f3aee7f173654404081c0a04c89353ce.jpg

Good looking lineup. It looks like an A/C built Homelite. I'm partial to blue.

How about a few more pics of the individual tractors.

Welcome to the club.

Great lineup, I have many of the same tractors, if i can be of help just ask, good luck, and if you ever want to sell the Homelite tiller, let me know

Thanks for posting more detailed pics. Nice fleet.In case you're not aware, your Homie is a later model Allis built; it has a different front axle and mower mule drive than the older A/C built Homies:

Home2.jpg

Home2.jpg.fcf3b3a119fded4c22eb39733c15feae.jpg

checkout the upside down ball under the front "passenger" side, it actually was used to hook an implement too, not sure which one, if i knew how to post pictures I'd show a close up of mine.

Mike,If you're talking about the black ball to the left of the mule drive in the pic of my T-12 above, it's a knob for pulling the spring tensioned pulley back to mount the deck drive belt. Here's the best close up pic I have of it:

HomeSnow_0001.jpg

HomeSnow_0001.jpg.f01989ff265769eba3fe5bdde50dbcc9.jpg

Thanks for the closeups! Nice crew you have there...a few of my favorites.

The AC built Homies have become my favorite for hooking up front attachments. I prefer their axle design as well. I also like the extremely high cut height you can achieve with them, and ease of deck adjustment. I get a kick out of being able to use power lift when the tractor is not running, and love the front electric PTO. I find their styling to be my favorite from the '70's, and the color scheme is eye catching. My Homelites steer very easy as well, and my T-16H is the only Vickers I have had the pleasure of operating, leak-free! Overall, many things are simply engineered better than their Simplicity kin.

Things I have found that I don't care for...electric lift is slow and a bit awkward to use for tasks like blowing snow, or ground engagement. The muffler exits straight out in front of the operator, and unique parts are difficult to track down.

The Allis built Homelites, like the Allis 416s use the exact same deck as the Massey Ferguson MF-14 and MF-16, the lift arms are slightly different other than that, almost identical. These decks are RH discharge VS all AC tractors LH discharge, I think, lol

That is a very different looking frontend from mine. Thank you for the info. I'd like to find simplicity's version of the t-16 to go with the one I have. The 2010 and the two 410's I think i'm going to sell and put the money towards an Allis hb-212.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice tractors! dOd

I put a loader on my AC410 (now a 416). The 300 & 400's are a good choice for loaders since they have the only frame that overlaps the bevel gear box.

I'm in N.W.Ind, I've been wanting another 300 or 400 so let me know if you do want to sell one. sm01