Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brush and Log Sawblade

D10-Allis

I bought this 20" Curtis Saw blade on Craigslist, the seller was only 2 Miles from me.It may have come from a Hardware store that Sold Simplicity according to the name on the Tag.Not sure of the year.For now I will Hang it on the Wall.

027.JPG

025.JPG

028.JPG

027.JPG.78a33560d98e8bc94517ce4646addee1.JPG

025.JPG.63b70d403dea191a48b5895cd42bd901.JPG

028.JPG.421f7283137917a50628ae92a7a88713.JPG

Very cool! I like the crated look. Mine came in a large cardboard sleeve, which didnt look nearly as neat. I think you have the correct blade.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Very cool! I like the crated look. Mine came in a large cardboard sleeve, which didnt look nearly as neat. I think you have the correct blade.

id="quote">
id="quote">I, also, like the crated look. I would hang it on the wall "as is"!dOdDave

Thanks Guys, The Simplicity shipping tag has the Old Address on it does anybody knows when that Address or building was Closed.

Josh has the same Curtis Blade on His rear mounted Rig.

Thanks for the Link to the Manual BLT. In the manual they also call it a Cordwood Sawblade. I'm with Marty Calling it a Buzz saw.

Chris I've had my Snowco for a year and use it regularly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder what that blade would look like on my saw?

smallsaw1.jpg

smallsaw2.jpg

Bought this a few years ago. Pins in place using the deck mounting holes and the front weight holes on the Big Ten. I eventually will be adding the clutch parts from a 3 belt blower, to increase the safety. Also need to improve the guarding like on the Farmall Cub saw I use on occasion.

quote:Originally posted by Robert Kehoe

I wonder if its OSHA approved

id="quote">
id="quote">It doesn't look common sense approved to me. I would never try to use such a thing. Looks real cool sittin' still, though.

Yup long before OSHA, but here is what we use for the bigger stuff.

cut1.jpg

cut2.jpg

I'd like to use the B series one just to clean up the small stuff that keeps falling out of trees, without bending over a chain saw.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • GregB
    • BLT
    • Oldnrusty
    • Tarheel
    • Gilmer
    • andrew68
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts