Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bolens ride-a-matic question

john-holcomb

Please move this if it needs to be. I have a running 1961 ride-a-madic

complete 08% but needs restoration. I also have a 1959 parts tractor with most of the major parts. 3 Kohler 160 extra engines for repair or parts. The front snow/grader blade, an excellent condition mower deck, rare rototiller in excellent shape and a looks like never used front mounted sickle mower. Question is how to sell the whole lot and how much to ask? E-Bay? I don't trust Craig's list much. Restored this would be a major hit at any show and I would like it to go to a good home.

John

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

EBay is probably you're best bet.

id="quote">
id="quote">Agreed...or list on GTTalk. Big Bolens following over there.

Just this year I sold a nice pair of 1959 Bolens tractors. I sold mine via Craigslist. The trick is lotsa pics and price them right.

Ebay may also be a good choice but again....GREAT PICS and detailed HONEST description id="size1"> are very important part of selling.

Best of luck on the sale of your tractors.

I listed some of my tractors on the registry on this site, one of the questions was, "How much did you pay for it, and be honest". I see that same honesty on this site about what tractors cost someone and what they believe they might be worth, but on some other sites I all to often see a new poster ask how much is a a Massey 14 worth or a Bolens GT worth, and many of the members will respond 200-300 in good condition, on those same sites people will advertise those same models for 1,000 or better, do they not realize people read the posts, and why do people try to devalue a purchase, I know I'll never get answers to something that makes no sense, I just thought I would ask. I've already caught myself leaning this way on a previous "what's it worth post", sorry.