Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

You know you're a tractor nut when:

Chris727

You put up V-belt racking in the basement.

racks_004.jpg

racks_005.jpg

racks_006.jpg

Was thinking I wanted to put my new Simplicity belts on racking so they wouldn't get twisted laying in a box in the hot shed. I put up five racks, total. May put up more.

racks_002.jpg

racks_004.jpg.f34ea513cd4b732daaf78f8d14dccd74.jpg

racks_005.jpg.d15d93fe87d2554f9342b03c5dde01da.jpg

racks_006.jpg.0c18052b2f58f325de7de4a2e5f6fb2a.jpg

racks_002.jpg.b13eeb25f16c51efd84f778bb2840d42.jpg

Very nice, I know where to get NOS belts, he he. Okay, now that your the belt man, was the PTO belt on a AC/Simplicity 700/7000 (or other models) made in increments of less than 1 inch, like 78.3 or something like that, and does a OEM belt work and last longer?

Thank you Mike. Lots of OEM belts are non-standard lengths and cross-sections. Typically they do last longer.

Mike, Sorry but no on the belts. The Allis belts are for display only (most are hard as a rock anyway). The Simplicity belts were mostly selected from dealer closeouts or bought on eBay because they were part numbers for applications I use.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Mike, Sorry but no on the belts. The Allis belts are for display only (most are hard as a rock anyway). The Simplicity belts were mostly selected from dealer closeouts or bought on eBay because they were part numbers for applications I use.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Chris, hey a guy gotta ask, right.

Your display area is getting to look like Roxon's stock room!

But like you said you are not going into business.

W