Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

motor color

dav

looking at the pictures under B-1 on the Simple trACtors part of the club, I see some with black motors and some with yellow. my B-1 is a 1961.

which color is right?

Bob,

that was one of the pics I looked at. the s/g is black but the engine appears to be yellow.

the 1961 B-1 I have has a black motor but the intake/carb and the s/g were yellow. the parts model 19 B&S that I am rebuilding was yellow.

the motor from the parts 725 has a yellow base plate and cooling shroud but the rest is all orange. wonder what i'll find inside that when I tear it down next week!

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

To my knowledge Motors werent black from the factory until after the '65 Big Ten.

id="quote">
id="quote">My 1966 Big10 engine was yellow except for the S/G and support bracket.being black. I believe that all the V/Rs were black.Wayne

Here is another BIG TEN. Note the carb, could be a replacement, Mine was yellow.

Early Big10.jpg

The block in the photo appears to be black. I'll check mine tomorrow in the daylight.W

57e060c91b0a8_EarlyBig10.jpg.1fce5a6e83d9aa676600eabb501d047f.jpg

Oh Yeah! What wasn't rusty on the engine, was that "Milwaukee Yeller"!

I'm pretty sure the points cover (now belonging to a HS Chemistry Teacher in upstate NY)was also yellow.Parts of this critter have found their way all over the country.

Have a GR8 Holiday All, though it looks like we will all have rain on Monday!XX(

Wayne