Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HerbP

cckb front end leaking.

HerbP

This past winter I had to fix the pulley on the mule hitch during snowblowing season. The old pulley became wobbly and loose on the hub. The hub then trashed the spindle. So I cut a new keyway on the other side of the spindle, bought a new hub, and welded the old pulley onto the new hub. I put it together and it largely works ok. Around the same time I think is when the rear PTO shaft lost a bolt and so was running all out of kilter and probably vibrating the crap out of the crank shaft...

So now the CCKB on the front of the 720 is bleeding oil while it's running. It appears to be somewhere near the front of the engine so I'm inclined to think it's the front seal. As snow-blowing season is fast approaching, I'm thinking it's time to pull the engine out of the tractor again and tend to it...

Is there any advice or gotchas I should know about? I've had the engine out a half dozen times already but never quite worked around the front PTO area...

ka9bxg

I have a 24 hp performer in my skid steer and this summer it started leaking around the front shaft. Turns out the gasket blew out breather was clean. I used silicone for the gasket and it is holding fine now