Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

10hp china diesel

tweinke

I know a few people here have done a diesel repower, how about some comments after some time has passed. How is the power, how big a mower deck will it pull etc. How about starting? Maintainability? Was it worth the cost etc. I am asking because you read about the install and a few initial comments then nothing after it is finished. My inquiring mind wants to know I guess. Lol.

You get what you pay for, and when you start buying things over and over, between the cost and the labor, you bought more than one good product, trying to save money, I think this rubs off from the wives, be vigilant

Never have run a China Diesel myself but have worked on two gas engines and both of them were JUNK! Bolts snapped off during disassembly and both motors had valves that were impossible to keep adjusted.

IMO, I myself would pass on buying a China engine. That being said, there are guys on this site whom have had good luck with them.

Carroll Stream 10 HP from EbayInstall year 201068 Hours run time on itUse in Fall with a 1 Bottom PlowUse in the Winter, Has become my Dedicated Snow blowing TractorAlways Starts in my Garage I keep between 35-45 Degrees over Winter.No Regrets

simple4.jpg

simple4.jpg.67014edca009a2877b9ccb828a1be783.jpg

What is the loudness factor on these engines? I have heard someone say that they are so loud and rattle so bad you cant hear yourself think.Just curious!.

Power wise it Feels like it has More Torque and Power, How much I don't know.

Mine runs Strong makes extra noises and the Diesel Smells amazing.

I say go for it.:)

• 1 month later...

I have used 2 of the smaller Chinese diesels in repowers of other brand garden tractors. Both ran fine. The biggest thing to do is to change the oil before you ever fire it up. The stuff in them from the factory is pure rubbish. Then fire it up on proper Shell Rotella diesel oil, run till it nice and warmed up, then change it again while its hot, including cleaning out the filter/strainer assembly. The Chinese seem to miss the part about cleaning all the grit out of the block when building them. Both of mine ran fine and had no major problems. Both where the 4.5hp version that isnt available anymore. Both made the same power or more than the 8hp Kohler K series I replaced. Both of mine had minor fuel leaks on the injector fuel lines that needed snugged up. For the money, if I had a source for the Lombardini 6ld260 or 6ld360 from the old arrow boards, I would use them as they are a much more heavy duty diesel. And yes, you do get what you pay for when it comes to engines. You pay the piper for those name brand diesels, you get the 10,000+ hours between overhauls with proper maintance. But for the price you can get these for, its worth a shot in my book. Mike

I put one on a b110 and it makes a huge diference i got the one without a glow pkug and it fires right up mo matter how cold it is i usually use the compression realease in the winter and i mow with the 42 inch decl pullin the leaf vac and it will go through stuff over the hood really easy compared to the gas motor