Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 color scheme

Robert Kehoe

Does someone have a picture of an original B-10 to see the colors. Was the BGB and rear end black or yellow? Was the spokes on the stering wheel chrome?

Early B 10 or Late B10 ??Early was all yellow, late had black rear, bgb and engine.Can't remember on the steering wheel, I think they all had chrome spokes, but some were white and some black

B 10 early.jpg

ac_b-10_late.jpg

57e060ca3db58_B10early.jpg.eb602587f4a265e86b7e687dabc2a3e7.jpg

ac_b-10_late.jpg.c3e934a6f0710cfb89878feb4df2bd84.jpg

Like Matt says, dont believe centercaps and chrome spokes appeared till the 65 Big Ten. That tractor still had the yellow Briggs, BGB and tranny as well. Best of both!

I was thinking the chrome spokes were only on the B-12's and the Landlords? I think I have a late B-10 here with white spokes.

quote:Originally posted by Robert Kehoe

How do I know early or late? It's not a big 10

id="quote">
id="quote">Hood stripe, grill material, grill emblem, early has a 23D 9 hp engine. Late will have 243431 10 hp. Serial number below 5000 is early.Depends how much of your tractor is original, and if the serial number is readable, how to tell what yours is, but the above are the main differences.In my pictures above, you can see the differences (other than engine and serial number. The upper pic is early, the lower is late.

The BIG TEN didn't have a center cap either.All B12 had chrome spokes and the center cap didn't start till late B10/12