Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new tires

Ronald Hribar

I bought 4 new lug tires:

Tire272.jpg

Then had wheels widened out to 13 inchesAlso have two valve stems per rim so I can add windshield washer fluidMounted them on my loader yesterday

Thanks for the pictures Ronald, great tires, I went with Duro Lugs ONLY because they looked like the OEM Goodyears, they were rounder, and in some conditions, not pulling, I thought the Duros would be just as good. I'm using the 26x12-12s, they were 189.00 a pair delivered to my door, I bet the Tru-powers cost a little more. Sweet, cant wait to see them mounted

That is some serious rubber on an even more serious tractor. If I had that it would be stuck somewhere I never should have been with it!:D

image.jpg

This is my loader4 wheel driveArticulatedPower steering with its own pump2 hydrostatic transmissionsFoot controlled Have electric clutch driving both transmissionsLoader is not but is full hydraulicHas it's own pump also23 hp Vanguard rear mounted

Wow...thats amazing! I may be showing my longevity here, or rather, lack thereof....when and where the heck did THAT come from!? :o:Q

it was purchased as a cub cadet

I rebuilt it

still using the cub cadet sunstrand Hydros rear ends

because of their heavy axle assembly

new steering setup with its own pump

thought hydro did not supply enough volume

put foot control for hydros

both have to be syncronized

widened loader and added power trip bucket

and it is detachable .

There are times I do not want it on

again it has its own pump

the articulating portion was rebuilt

with heavy duty components

and a heavy load will still pick one rear wheel off the ground

added electric clutch in drive train

so starter does not have to turn over 2 hydros and loader pump

I still have to wire that into system

so the foot clutch disengages everything

and add two transmission coolers

because Ceb used fans on driveshaft

and i do not have room for them

and it still is going thru shake down tests

use it and find weak point

Tires are a major improvement

traction a big factor

and hoses have to be reouted so they do not leak

It is a work in progress

I have been working on it for several years

I had the person who widened the wheels mount the tires

Gave specific instructions on what I wanted

He is a garden tractor puller

But he had problems seating the bead

Would not use ether trick

So I have 4 tubes in now

Defeats my 2 valve stem system

quote:Originally posted by Ronald Hribar

I had the person who widened the wheels mount the tiresGave specific instructions on what I wantedHe is a garden tractor pullerBut he had problems seating the beadWould not use ether trickSo I have 4 tubes in nowDefeats my 2 valve stem system

id="quote">
id="quote">I've got a pair of 28 x 10.5-12 BKT lugs mounted on powder coated rims that we cannot keep sealed. Think we're going to have to tube them too.

Bead leak?Or rim leak?

id="quote">
id="quote">Did you ever try using water to pump up tire to see where leak is?Have to be ready to shut hose off or you can blow tire

Lookin' good, Ron! I know you have used many parts and pieces from multiple tractors for your fabrication. It will be great to see it in person when it's all complete!dOddOddOddOd

Bead leak? Or rim leak?

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm pretty sure bead. We've had problems from mounting. Have had tires off rims and reapplied lots of sealer around bead. Leak is slower. Son in law captured the B210 for winter snow blading. Tractor sits spring to winter and tires are flat again he says. BTW I am impressed that you two can focus your mischief into something as powerful looking as this. sm03

image.jpg

I was thinking something along the lines of Allis 7020 decal. The big farm tractorHave to work bugs out of loade firstI painted it so it would not rustIt is a 10 mile paint job