Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Oil

powerking_one

.....Blondes do have more fun, quite a knowledgeable pair...

Very interesting.....Was hoping they'd touch on Boundary and

Hydro-dynamic Lubrication, a much overlooked subject when

you consider all the big diesel trucks you see idling in truck

stop parking lots.....And the fact that most Hydrostatic

tractors are not run at their rated rpms as stated in most

instruction manual.....

One simply needs to look at the thermodynamics of the flux capacitor and its inner relational turmoil of the 3rd and 5th axis of lubricitity to surmise... add 2 quarts and forgetaboutit! LOL.

Great watch. Explained by the people who actually really know what they are talking about. This should kill some of the debate by us armchair know-it-alls!:o)

I don't really see how car lubrication is the same as small engine lubrication, even within the small engine category you have 2 stroke verses 4 stroke, and slash lubrication verses pressurized lubrication. I would even go as far as to say a Briggs or Kohler single CI, might benefit from a different oil than a Vanguard or Command engine would. Nothing kills a debate except a weapon.

I would think that every small engine manufacturer specifies the oil that should be used for each engine it builds, and under what conditions. Now that I know more about oil, from those that really know what they are speaking about, it helps me to understand why I should be using straight 30 weight in the summer and with what designations, and perhaps a 5W-30 in the winter. I am reasonably certain that is what Kohler calls for in the Magnums I am using.

Now I won't be trying to out think the engineers and chemists that know what they are talking about, and why.

I gitted a bit smarterer tooday.