Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front PTO clutch ?

OkieGT

I bought a front PTO clutch from ebay, looking more closely at it, I found some pieces of what seems like bake-o-lite glued to the front of the brake support assembly, it doesn't look like it went all the way around, just a small piece at the top and bottom, anyone have any idea what this is and what purpose it serves, if any

DSCF3790.JPG

DSCF3791.JPG

DSCF3790.JPG.3b651821f97917b217e0ec7b788b95d0.JPG

DSCF3791.JPG.9c3c8d8beef9f510729257e053c78f55.JPG

quote:Originally posted by CarlH

That is brake lining to slow the PTO driven pulley when the PTO is disengaged.

id="quote">
id="quote">Is it supposed to be there or on the inside, and is is supposed to be a whole piece around the OUTSIDE? I've looked at several manual, never seen the part unless its part of the brake support assembly

It acts against the engine side of the PTO driven pulley. You can see it in the 7100 attachment parts book (TP-861-05) on page 24 for the Mfg # 1690032 snowblower.

quote:Originally posted by spyder400k

hi mike there not to be any wider or longer. the cone lining and that surface wear together as a set. hope this helps.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Dennis, I was thinking of calling you, didn't want to be a bother. I really appreciate the help, it actually allowed me see how it worked. Thanks again, Mike

quote:Originally posted by CarlH

It acts against the engine side of the PTO driven pulley. You can see it in the 7100 attachment parts book (TP-861-05) on page 24 for the Mfg # 1690032 snowblower.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Carl, I have that book, I'll check it out, really appreciate the help