Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Revitlizer tines

Kenh

Yep I still have a few sets! Let me know how many you want at $5 each, $38 for a set of 10 for the 26" revitalizer or $50 for a set of 14 blades for the 38" revitalizer plus $5.80 shipping.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Maybe I should start a new thread as I 80% sure I'll build a revilitizer. Funds and time may be an issue??? I'm looking for a little more info on the Revitalizer.

From you guys that have used a Revitalizer, what would be a wish list of changes and "improvements" to make a better unit. Things like a faster or slower speed on the tines, wider working width, closer/wider tine spacing ETC.

How deep can the Revitalizer be run? I know the owners manual talks about 1/2 inch. How is the tine life? Would hard surfacing the cutting edge be worth the effort.

Thanks!!

Ken

I have had my for 10 or 12 years. I got three sets of tine or blades. Never had to change a set and I use it every spring and fall. They last a long time.

The speed that they designed it at isn`t an issue either or at least I haven`t had a issue with the speed.

I use mine mostly for over seeding. It works great for that. When I need to change the bearings. I may move the tine spacing to 2 inches.

They would be easy to make but if you can find one in the $300 range you would be money ahead.

quote:Originally posted by RayS

I have had my for 10 or 12 years. I got three sets of tine or blades. Never had to change a set and I use it every spring and fall. They last a long time.The speed that they designed it at isn`t an issue either or at least I haven`t had a issue with the speed.I use mine mostly for over seeding. It works great for that. When I need to change the bearings. I may move the tine spacing to 2 inches.They would be easy to make but if you can find one in the $300 range you would be money ahead.

id="quote">
id="quote">I've been looking around for a while. Nothing that I consider close enough to go even look at. North central Iowa and at least 150 miles around is a wasteland for Simplicity anything.:( Do you know approximately the RPM of the tines? What is the current tine spacing?Ken

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

The spacers between tines are 2 3/4".The tines are about 1/8"So centerline to centerline distance is 2 7/8".

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks for that little tidbit!!8D

Kenh,

Someone posted a clean looking full frame revitalizer in the classified attachments section for $399. I'd seriously consider it myself, but the shipping would cost fortune.

Seriously considering a mod to replace tiller tines with revitalizer like custom blades.

R,

Charles

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by CharlesC

Kenh,Seriously considering a mod to replace tiller tines with revitalizer like custom blades.R,Charles

id="quote">
id="quote">I tried that to a point by replacing the tines with a disc cut with 4 "teeth". The discs are bolted to the same place the tines were. While it worked OK, the spacing is to wide and IMO the rotation speed is way to slow. Ken

When I bought my revitalizer from Josh it was $150 to ship it on a pallet from MI to CT.

The process was about as easy as could be and I would definitely use them again.

quote:Originally posted by Kenh

What is the shaft size for the tines. I'm guessing it's 1 inch across the flats???Thanks!

id="quote">
id="quote">Across the flats is 7/8".Dan