Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Getting Investment Back??

PhanDad

Chris, you gotta remember, were fix it guys. We like to tinker. Some dont have the knack and have to pay for it. Heck, people pay $300 to set a toilet...

At the La Porte GOTO, we had a elderly gent who inquired what a reasonable price for one that supposedly sat covered in his garage covered since new. I told him at best he'd be lucky to get $3000.00 knowing the baggage it carried with the Triad engine. Well he 'blow' a fuse thinking, I believe, it would appreciate from the $7000 he claimed he paid for it. I don't think he'll join the club.;)

quote:Originally posted by BLT

At the La Porte GOTO, we had a elderly gent who inquired what a reasonable price for one that supposedly sat covered in his garage covered since new. I told him at best he'd be lucky to get $3000.00 knowing the baggage it carried with the Triad engine. Well he 'blow' a fuse thinking, I believe, it would appreciate from the $7000 he claimed he paid for it. I don't think he'll join the club.;)

id="quote">
id="quote">Its all those 2,500 dollar JD round fenders, and 3,000 dollar cub originals that got this started. There's a guy on craigslist that has a B10, it looks so bad you cant tell what it is, he's firm at 850.00 says h has more than than that in it. WHERE, the seats gone, fender pan is rusted through, front grill support is off and on the ground, without the grill, no air breather or starter, all four ties flat, firm huh. Is see B10s and B1s rough at 800-1800 I think prescription medicine has gotten way out of hand, it wasn't this bad when crack was around.

I have four sunstars in my collection.. 20 hp 18 hp 16 hp and a deutz 1920 with full front hydro stuff.. I guess I must have 15 grand based on those numbers.