Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Scrap yard 46" dozer blade need some measurements

RonSwanson

I rescued this blade from the scrap yard. I need some one with the same blade to take some measurements to fab up the cut off parts.

My tractor is an AC 912.

I need to know how long the flat bars that run back to the axle originally were. And also how tall the mounting ears were.

WP_20140908_005_zpsf216f588.jpg

WP_20140908_006_zps733a3c73.jpg

Ron, I inserted a vidcap of the blade's IPLYou'll got a tad of work to restore this #990386 to near original shape.1st at "A" in green there is the angle stop plate, which originally had 5 equally spaced slots, 2 have been cut away.

Blade_990356.jpg

Next...I believe the measurements you require to restore the mounting portion of the hitch at "B" in red.And then, when I again referred to your photos...A very important portion of the hitch is missing, the "lift arm". which is welded to the hitch near the piece of angle iron "stiffener".If you PM me your email, I'll send you the PDFs for this device.Later today, baring rain, I will take some photos and post them. HERE in your posting.

Blade_990356.jpg.7041e9b1cde08581522e1cff9aec8227.jpg

Ron,

No offense, but I asked BLT to move this topic over to a project oriented Forum, like Show and Tell. This is more of a Q&A forum, and

does not draw as much attention as S&T.

Thanks

Wayne

I'll be posting some pictures here shortly, and dimensions will follow...

Now on to the"photo shoot" This 84# "baby" also came from a salvage yard $75 cash and carry...This is a couple shots of the tractor axle mounting tabs, and their welds...

Dscn0856.jpg

Dscn0861.jpg

I can tell you that the holes are normally sized to clear 3/8" hitch pins, which are secured with "hairpin" safety clips.Now to view an intact angle locking plate. I made a full sized tracing which I will scan and send w/ the dimensioning...

Dscn0858.jpg

This is a view further down the frame, showing the OEM bracing. And the lifting bracket (on the left

Dscn0859.jpg

My "extender modification" is still attached, that works for my 4212G.This, another shot w/o the modification. I also have a template for the lift bracket angles.

Dscn0862.jpg

I still have to take a photo of the lift rod, and attachment hardware (I hope you got one in the pile of partsThis is an older topic of mine showing, and discussing the modification to the lift bracket to work with the LT tractor series.http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124801these two OEM manuals should prove some help to your efforts...Instruction booklet:http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCzEN8cuI6rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdfLandlord Operations Manual:http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8auGYrE3CG.5kbp796Dq.pdfCheers,WayneBTW - if the document links don't work go tohttp://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/support/manualsscroll down below the sample labels, and in the search box enter990356 and select go. If you get a 404 error they are updating the server so come back later and try again.

Dscn0856.jpg.e1e9b66ab77d1453117e30969994c007.jpg

Dscn0861.jpg.4bbf49889917fdb43989b68124588c83.jpg

Dscn0858.jpg.f8f890e5b3533308a69b2b7bfdd9c57f.jpg

Dscn0859.jpg.308ae0f9e3382f831d6d4eb2dd9aae03.jpg

Dscn0862.jpg.5a2568942c1b2f05cffcef5a22187b0b.jpg

wow. someone really did a job on that one. I see GrincheyOne has really helped out here but I also have one and am happy to help with measurements, pics, and so forth. Mine is on a 7016H.

Ron,

Not at all familiar with the front mounting interface of the "900" series. Though all too familiar with the front of the FDTs, and the 42xx series. As luck would have it, an adapter came with the first 4212G, that allows me to mount FDT front accessories to the 4212. These are still available, but run about $125.

So if someone can jump in here to detail the mounting interface, or if Ron can mimic the mount to a blower for the front of the 914, all the better.

Cheers, Ill continue as if it is going to mount on a FDT.

Wayne

Thanks,those pics help alot. I work in a metal fab shop so this rebuild should be a piece of cake.

I am going to document this rebuild since people here like to see pics of projects.

The damage gets worse. Someone used the heck out of this plow.

Anyone have a pic of the blade upside down like my pic?

It looks like I am missing a few inches of blade. I plan on adding a strip of steel and bolting a real 1/2 cutting edge to this from the pile used edges at work.

WP_20140910_002_zpsbd824d30.jpg

quote:Originally posted by RonSwanson

Too bad he won't ship it. That would save a bunch of work. I'm dreading fabing the lift parts

id="quote">
id="quote">'Moring Ron,Looks like you are movin along there. I agree on that "no ship" issue. His price is only $10 more than I Paid for my blade that was in OEM condition. AND it does include the lift rod w/ the attachment end parts that NOS (if available) cost about what he is asking for the whole hitch. Those "attachent parts on the lift rod include set collars (2), spring, and the hitch pivot @ ($47).Several members have had success in the use of "Fastenal" to ship, where the buyer pays on pickup. Josh Thornton has the details on this shipping process. his link ishttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=11209If you PM him, I'm sure he would be glad to fill you in on the details.In the meantime, since you already fab'ed the 'quadrant", I'll send you a scaled scan of the lift arm (cross section).NB - there is a spring that goes from the main pivot to the locking catch! That is well hidden within the rotating section of the hitch!Wayne

Ron,

I just flipped my "wear plate" two weeks ago. the angled ends are part of the design, to guard against the bending of the the outer corners. An engineering compromise on rounded corners on the blade.

Wayne

OK Ron,Just worked over the profile template that I made (On a Ritz cardboard box) for scale the photo is 1:1, and 5"x8.25" overall. Dimensions are in inches.

LifT_ bracket.jpg

Wayne

57e060d6ce9d4_LifT_bracket.jpg.85c7b76e977b4fa0c2fe95f159911205.jpg

Now off to upload the latest photos, and add the CAD annotations (dimensions). But before I do that, Does the target tractor for this plow have either an electric, or hydraulic lift?

Wayne

K, You may want to look for a helper spring (about $10) to help with the wright of that "puppy". Here are the details of the mounting "ears".

Dscn0868D.jpg

And the dimensions for the remainder of the hitch.

Dscn0867D.jpg

I'll try to track down the changes to provide for the spring. I know it made an appearance along with the 42" blower, and dozer/snow blade.Have fun! and a GR8 weekend!Wayne

Dscn0868D.jpg.08c4686b3ccf0d804028eeffb7dfaafe.jpg

Dscn0867D.jpg.e29a24b89e0d6ba4845e77d7e9f818eb.jpg

Ron,

I know it is obvious the way the OEM hitch was "hacked", the presence of the OEM lift rod, and associated hardware is slim. The rod, itself, is easy to form from 1/2" diameter steel rod. The attaching hardware is to have the capability to adjust the "down pressure on the blade.

More pictures to come...

Wayne

This is an idea of the parts that make up the lift rod group...

lift_rod_group.jpg

This is from parts-tree which is not the bargain basement of supply houses. JJ Nemes has rods for sale less than half of the total above.In a fab shop you can make most of the components. If you have a snow thrower for your tractor, then you may have a viable solution by sharing it between those attachments.Wayne

lift_rod_group.jpg.4de50a797b48166c408189aab29cb11c.jpg

Ron,

Although Mr.Schmitt does not want to ship, His photos are a GR8 reference in 3D of the end result desired. I might have to"tweek" some of the dimensions, 'cause sometimes the caliper drifts off the zero setting. When it comes to the "booster spring", there are as many variants as there are blower hitches. Specifically in the change over from open frame to what I call the closed inverted frames, placing much of the hitch into the blower/thrower itself.

Basically, if a mounting point is provided on the hitch frame for the spring, the attachment to the tractor is a simple "field adaptation". OEM modifications are responses to customer feedback.

two parts sources within the club, unless other members "jump in", are "Osenga" and "Roxon", another go to source is "Sandy Lake Implements", as well as...Our sponsors!

http://www.jnemes.com/parts

AND DON'T FORGET OUR CLUB "CLASSIFIEDS"

W

Ron,Correction to previous dimension (circled in RED)id="red">

Dscn0868D.jpg

Just had to verify that reading!NB - The full width of the "wear plate is 2-5/8", which will provide 1/2" projection beyond the steel of the main blade. I wore my one side down by a lot of "back dragging" the gravel drive.Here are a "Misc." lot of lift rods (@ Nemes),the 3rd down would work on my 2110s.

LiftRods_275173634.JPG

This be a zoom in on the lift rod group, and that high $ "rod guide", that I am sure you can "fab".

LiftRods_275173634_zoom.JPG

I'll be back again, with my suggestion for providing an attachment point for a "booster/helper spring", while you are still customizing the hitch back to a previous life!:DdOdW

Dscn0868D.jpg.1725affa9e8761b6793e6b9a1c671027.jpg

LiftRods_275173634.JPG.164d1a03058ed7a9f432771bb9e5363b.JPG

LiftRods_275173634_zoom.JPG.8232be3e0ce0fb1630042d91f2bff72f.JPG