Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

Allis Chalmers 712 H

a_sannine

I picked today an Allis Chalmers 712 H with electric lift from one owner , yes one owner , engine was totally over hauled in the late 90s , tractor sat in a garage all its life , old man dies I bought from his family , tractor didn't start for the past 3 years , normal carb clean and that thing fired like a champ , engine like new , every thing on it work as it should , I like to restore it and I was wondering where to buy the right paint for it , I already bought the decal kit from Ebay .

Thanks

SmilinSam

I like Valspar spray cans, or quarts. Their AC orange has good color, and seems pretty durable once cured.

I get it at Blaines Farm & Fleet stores in their tractor color section.

MikeES

I would also recommend the Valspar Allis Orange, or Van Sickle AC orange from F&F.

But if you want the original that tractor would have been Simplicity Powder Orange. #1685589

Chris727

I thought the AC units were a different shade compared to the Simplicity models. Sitting side by side it's visible. They were painted with Allis Chalmers Corporate Orange. Check with your AGCO dealer for availability.

goatfarmer

That sounds like the twin to mine!

AC712H, purchased from the son of the original owner (an AC dealer). Has the electric lift, mower deck, snowblower, and blade. Sat in a shed it's whole life.

drbrian722

A local!I looked at this one and it was repainted once already in a not-quite right orange. (Paint on the bolt heads and decals gave it away.)

712.jpg

I suspect they used a newer simplicity orange on it and that's why it's a little off from the seat pan. But as stated above you want Powder Orange to be original.

712.jpg.f902a61d63183f0c016d2fd73dc2af89.jpg