Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader for 7117

oldbroketractor

I have been looking at loaders for my 7117 and need some sound advice. I have read very little on the 7117 doesn't seem to be a lot on the 7117 model. Does anyone have one attached? How do they handle with a loader attached?

DSCN1499.JPG

DSCN1499.JPG.bb7d1577de92d6886e152b2ee15a7fa6.JPG

Or use an Allis Chalmers 300 or 400 series with the frame that overlaps the BGB...

I've had full scoops of wet sand on my 400 series which has the same basic spindle(and loader)...I think I better keep a spare..?

Had a DA 916H with a quickway loader on , much like the loader on Gregs 300/400 series.

Not having power steering is a pain. Aside from that,it is an absolute necessity to custom build a subframe for the loader to tie the front frame to the transmission frame. If you don't, the tractor WILL eventually break in half at the bevel gear box.

The tractor I had was broken when I got it. The gear case was cracked in half on the underside up and between the upper and lower bolts on each side holding it to the front frame.