Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EdFromMason

3416 & 7016

EdFromMason

I have a Soverign 3416H & a Soverign System 7016 hydrostat drive. I am wondering if the wiring diagram or system is the same. I am unable to get the 7016 to start unless the key switch is in the on/run position & I jump it thru the solenoid. Once running I can shut it off with the key. Just can not start it with the key. I have new Simplicity parts(key switch, solenoid, circuit breaker & a ammeter) to replace any of the ones that might be part or all of the problem. But I think I am going to need a new wiring set up but I need a diagram for the 7016 unless the 3416 and 7016 wiring are the same. I can't seem to find much if any information on the system 7016 with hydrostat drive. Seen plenty with the gear shift type just not like mine.

Any how any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

EdFromMason

To find out if a safety switch is bad would I just unplug them and run a by pass wire in replacement of the switch in order to find out what one is bad or if it is even the issue.

Thank you for the diagram RayS.

PhanDad
quote:id="quote">
id="quote">To find out if a safety switch is bad would I just unplug them and run a by pass wire in replacement of the switch in order to find out what one is bad or if it is even the issue.

That is correct. Or you can use a meter and check that there is continuity (no resistance) across the switch when it is in the "safe" condition.