Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Weekend find

jimmy_g

sovereign.jpg

Hi guys! Wanted to show you my weekend find. Found it at a Wh swap meet of all places. Runs well, no smoke and drives nice.I have downloaded owners manuals and parts manuals and serviced it. My question to you all that have owned or do own one is there anything peculiar to this tractor I should watch out for or just run and enjoy?.....Regards, Jimmy

sovereign.jpg.4bfbdf01c01b217badb199e63ba8beb7.jpg

My only caution would be to watch the idler position in the 6 speed mechanism. Shift it per the instructions and do so fully. If the idler only partially completes its throw/travel, it can eat a belt in a hurry.

Otherwise, I really love the 6 speeds.

D/A will soon be losing the mower deck in favor of the cab and snow blower assembly and I wanted a larger size secondary tractor for the wood trailer and other chores. I was really struck by how clean this tractor is and how well it runs (so far). first one that I have bought that does not need a basket full of parts and a repaint,I think I could take it to a show as -is and not be embarassed!:DWill casually look for mower deck for it in the spring to maybe make it a stand by,but if I never find one I wont be too disappointed.

Great tractor...My first (and still my most reliable) is my 7010.

It was a 3 speed but I swapped in a 6-speed for slower blowing & tilling speeds, e-lift, cab, etc...

Thats a great looking tractor...enjoy!!

Yes Mike I am still planning on doing a Front wheel upgrade on the D/A prob going to have to wait for spring now unless old man winter cooperates!.