Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116H Sunstrand Transmission Power Loss

bigdog46

I have a Simplicity 7116H with hydro transmission and hydraulic lift. All of a sudden it does not move as fast as normal and it struggles to pull up a hill. Could it be a problem with the check valve or perhaps the charge pump relief valve? The fluid level is good, the filter is new and the belt is not slipping. I have never had this problem with any of my hydro tractors in the past. Maybe someone has had the similar problem and can help? Thanks.

Also, worth looking at, is to see if item 32 is tight in the slot.

7100HydroLever.jpg

Over time I have seen a few where the nut holding the lever in place has loosened causing all sorts of strange operations to happen.;)

Bob helpted me diagnose #32 on my gthl when I had it. The slot had egged out from years of not being tight. Did you start with simple stuff like a fluid change? If moisture gets in the fluid it will get sluggish. I use semi sythetic mercron V. Less warm up time, stays cooler, and easier start ups in winter.

Drained & replaced the fluid & changed the filter. I did notice some gel-like residue in the old filter. Also, I moved the idler pulley up one notch to tighten the drive belt as it seemed to be a little loose. Runs great now. Thanks for the replies.