Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

information about model sizes- new guy

thirdjoker

hello; I'm new here and to garden tractors.About 2 years ago I got into this as a hobby to keep me busy. My first was a 1960 wheel horse.then a 1967 Continental-cast iron grill. I just picked up a 1966 simplicity 707.I really like the look of this one-v shape on the hood.I saw pictures of a 1960 700 and a early 60's land lord. MY question is = Would these 2 be bigger than my 707 or roughly the same size? anyone have a picture side by side of a 707 and a landlord. I've never seen these in person -only pictures. Thanks

Differnt class of tractor large garden to small garden. 700 is a horizontal engine with a drive shaft to a bevel gear box with a belt to a very tall rear diff. 700 will have rear lift and can handle a lot more attachments then a broadmoor. if you click on the simple tractors link above and go to 1966 you will see what I mean when you compare it to a landlord. 700 and landlord are the same design minus a few changes thru the years 9hp engine wider tires ect. I have a mint 707 and a decent landlord if you want me to text you some pics. 2036231144

it is great. also thanks for all the responses I've gotten. Already in touch with a member here who has taken the time to answer a lot of questions and is willing to help me locate and purchase a good one. Invaluable!!!!