Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Parking Brake Lock

RandyBuxton

My parking brake lock has gone missing. Not a necessity but I want it. The Simplicity part # is 164142 and is NLA.

Can someone please take a picture of theirs (off the tractor) and send it to me or post it here? And if someone has made their own can you provide the specs for it (thread size, stock dimensions.) I need three of these things so I might as well make up some on my own.

If someone has already done what I intend to do and has a few for sale let me know that too.

Thanks!

You might need 2 different parts. The number you show is for the B 110, but the B10 should be 157088.

The number changed between the B12 and B110

Not sure the difference, though I think one was 5/16" 18 thread and the other was 3/8" 16

You could check by trying to thread in a standard bolt into part V.

On the 110 it should be a U shaped piece of metal either threaded, or with a nut welded to it.

On the B10 it looks more like a collar.

Upon further review,,,, the B10 (as indicated above) parking lock brake is 157088. The bracket (157277) takes a 3/8 bolt.

I see that the B110 parking lock brake assembly is different but could the B110 use the same parts as the B10?

So my dilemma is that I need the B10 parking lock brake (157088) and the entire assembly (minus the brake rod)for the B110. Sounds like I should cut and paste some of this to the classifieds.

How many / which ones would you like :DThe one with the knob is homemade I think, and possibly upper right, it is angled a bit as the rest are 90 degree. It came from a B 12. The rest I'm not positive the models.They are all 3/8" 16 thread.You don't have to take the rods if you don't need them, I just didn't want to take off all 6 nuts for the picture :o)

brake handles.jpg

57e060d9e1f51_brakehandles.jpg.8195f7c543316104b2568fe0b1d15df7.jpg

Those will do the trick. I'll send a PM.

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

How many / which ones would you like :DThe one with the knob is homemade I think, and possibly upper right, it is angled a bit as the rest are 90 degree. It came from a B 12. The rest I'm not positive the models.They are all 3/8" 16 thread.You don't have to take the rods if you don't need them, I just didn't want to take off all 6 nuts for the picture :o)

brake handles.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">