Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not a AC/Simplcity

OkieGT

I wanted to show a hub/wheel/tire upgrade I made. I have lots of different brands of garden tractors, seven AC/Simplicitys, but this is one of my two Bolens tractors. My friend Garoyl from Vinita Oklahoma, came over and I took a short video of him riding my Bolens 1476 with the 14 hp single cylinder Wisconsin S14-D motor. I did a hub/tire/wheel upgrade using cast iron dexter 4 bolt trailer hubs and 10" front steel wheels with 4.00-10 tri-ribs and the original looking Duro 26x12-12 trenchers. I have a Brinly box blade, three point and shaft drive tiller, it is a foot pedal hydro and weighs in at almost 1100 pounds with nothing on it. It steers like power steering, raises the tractor, and saves on wear and tear of steering parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1rpjgt9YY

quote:Originally posted by PGL

It's running well and the dog agrees!

id="quote">
id="quote">When ever some one drives up the driveway the Rott jumps the fence and "greets" them, we have never had anything taken, but people have left things.

quote:Originally posted by jimmy_g

Looks and sounds nice Mike! Love the upgrade!

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks jimmy, just wait til I get the tiller mounted, it is a beast, bigger than any GT tiller I have ever seen