Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-210 needs work

Fred

I have a 1969 Allis Chalmers B-210 that needs some parts replaced. It needs new tires, a new seat, and possibly a carb rebuild. Does anyone know of a good Allis parts site/store? Also, I would like suggestions on what do rebuild first on a tractor that has been sitting in a garage for 5 years. Thanks in advance.

Todd Stein
tstein@hpti.com

Hi Todd,
This one's so easy even I can answer it. For exact or close tires, go to:
www.carlisletire.com ,and find a dealer.
For an exact or close seat, try Northern Tool at:
www.northern-online.com
They carry Michigan Seat, which may be OEM. You might have to enquire about the seats, though, as every issue of their catalog does not contain all items they carry. They will also have the tires, but possibly in a Chinese brand or only similar style.
Any Briggs dealer can get a carb kit for that 24-cube.
If it's been under cover in a garage, it should be easy. Just make sure the engine turns freely (add a little oil to the cylinder for initial lube). If the carb's varnished up, well you might have to rebuild first. Fresh oil, fresh gas, lube everything, and give her a try.
Good luck,
Fred

Miller Tire has the original, old style "knobby tread" front tires. Carlisle does not.... Miller also has "bar tread" and pulling tires, if anyone is interested. I'm running new Carlise rears now, since I wasn't concerned with "original restoration" only usefulness.

Make sure to spend the extra $$ to get 4-ply Carlisles to get the "premium" tire. I've heard complaints on the durability of their 2-plies.... My 2 cents....

Who has original style rear tires? They provided better traction than my new Carlisles, till the dry rotted side walls separated....[A href='http://www.millertire.com/']http://www.millertire.com/[/a]