Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Junkyard Finds

curlett

I found this at a junkyard near me. They only charge .40 cents per pound which I happily paid for this. I also bought an electric lift at 40 cents a pound from there a few months ago, which was one heck of a deal! The plow and lift are both nice and work great!

IMG_2014092143280.jpg

IMG_2014092143280.jpg.ad5640975ce2ae550674130da8ee5cc5.jpg

Some of the salvage yards around here are starting to charge higher fixed prices for stuff like this, so I hear from friends of mine.

I hope they don't raise the prices on this kind of stuff!! I bet a ton of good stuff gets scrapped everyday before someone can save it, it's too bad reallywahsm02. I got that stuff at Somas junkyard out in Port Huron

Around here they changed the rules. The yard I go to will not resell anything once it's on the property. :(!

I used to buy blowers, plows, and near complete tractors at 15 cents a pound or less.

However, there is another yard in a different direction I may have to start using. Buddy picked up a near complete 10 hp Landlord with hydro lift for $60

Great save. You can't get anything back out of our local yard once it goes over the scale. Heck my cousin runs it and I can't seem to get much. one time I saw a Mow Bee on top of a pile. After much discussion i convinced her to let me buy it out. She radioed the operator and he used the magnet and got it only to drive over by my truck and drop it from about 15 feet or so in the air next to me.It landed upside down and bent it all up. It was just scrap to them.:o

I traded for a B-1 once. The guy I got it from said his neighbor had a B12 with a variety of attachments. B12 blew a motor and it sat. The scraper picked up the B12 and all the attachments 2 days prior to me picking up the B-1. The guy told his neighbor not to scrap it but the neighbor didn't care. I called the scrapyard the day I picked up the B-1 and it and the attachments had already been thru the shredder. :(

:(! Pisses me off the total disregard for these attachments and parts!

I was at a yard and there was a PILE of briggs cast iron and aluminum engines with carbs and air cleaners on them being picked up by a giant crane right is front of my eyes...tore my heart out!

Nice save..you make the picker in me very proud!;)