Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cojomu

Variable Speed Pulley...1967 Landlord

cojomu

Working on variable speed pulley on old Landlord model 990568. Bearing sieged up on the retainer ring/bearing assembly and also messed up the washer that goes next to the pulley half. This is the pulley assembly located at the transmission. Need assistance on availability of bearing and washer. Found complete assembly at Small Engine parts, but they want $85 plus shipping and I'm trying to do better than that. Bearing had cover shield on one side and possibly other side too, but that side got gone when bearing froze to shaft. Also the cover that was remaining was stamped SKF, but no part number. Bearing measures 1.375 ID and 2.4375 OD and approx. .5 wide. Any suggestions and where to find washer and completely sealed bearing? Thanks for assistance....JW

cojomu

I'm working on the large rear assembly at the transmission. I pressed out the bearing and took it today to an industrial parts retailer and matched up a bearing, 35mm by 62mm. Now waiting on washer from SEPW, that goes between retainer rig/bearing assembly and pulley half assembly. I do need to know how far to press bearing onto pulley half assembly after I press bearing into the retainer> So if you know about reconstruction of this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.