Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mark64

Allis Hi Lo question

mark64

I have had several Hi Lo units on my tractors and they have all had the metal cups that I think are called pivot bearings that have the telfon insert in them that moves the unit in and out.

I was just looking at one I have on my shelf that I bought from a member and it has all plastic parts for the swivel bearings with no metal cups at all. Anyone seen this before is do you think it is home made. They do look factory to me?

Thanks for any input

Mark

BLT

The all Delrin type were made for the Serf and Broadmoor. Tim Flury made some. The metal pivot was available P/N 157353 four years ago for about $20 apiece. Instead of the nylon inserts , I made mine out of a 5/8" hickory rod. P/N still shows good, 2157353SM , but price has jumped up to about $25.00 ea. Part looks simple, but I don't no if anybody can make a onesy-twosey run cheaper.

timflury

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109136&whichpage=2

I haven't made any in the last few years.

I've made them out of Nylon and Delrin. Nylon is harder to machine than the Delrin, but the Nylon stands up to more abuse.

I bought 3/4" dia Delrin from Grainger, the one I bought comes in 12" lengths.

It is key that the pivot fits loosely in the shifter, or else it will wear unevenly.

The shift pivots for both the small frame and the large frame pulley kits are the same size, only the materials are different.