Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
docs

Will a Later Model 16hp Briggs Fit 7016 Soverign

docs

I'm looking at buying another 16hp Briggs for my 7016H soverign. Its a later model Horizontal Briggs that came off a huge pump and Has a Red Cover that Says IC is all I can see from the pictures. Seller not home and is going to give me the numbers when he gets a chance.

Wants 200 is this a good motor and will it fit? Looks almost like the same motor.

drbrian722

The I/C is industrial/commercial and it will work fine. As stated above it will most likely have a geared starter and an electronic ignition. My $25 dollar 7013 Baron had a 10hp version of the 'red I/C' and it mated up just fine.

powerking_one

If this engine came off a H2O pump, then the PTO end of the crank is most likely threaded (not keyed) and wont work if you have a 1" keyed PTO pulley/clutch setup on the 7016.

Tom (PK)

docs

Not sure yet what it is I will have to wait untill he gets home and check it out. I think it is a Keyed 1" I Hope! My engine is just getting tired and burning oil. Tried a rebuild few years ago and the piston walls and rings were worn out and out of round so I just put new rings in it set the valves and ring gaps and put it back together. Uses a 1/4 quart of oil everytime I mow a acre lot with it. It's Been doing that for 10 years now. Just won't die.lol:D

quote:Originally posted by powerking_one

If this engine came off a H2O pump, then the PTO end of the crank is most likely threaded (not keyed) and wont work if you have a 1" keyed PTO pulley/clutch setup on the 7016. Tom (PK)

id="quote">
id="quote">

DanD

Take your block to the machine shop and have it bored. I think .020 pistons are still available. I did a complete rebuild on the 326431 engine in my 7016 over 10 years ago and it is still running strong with no oil consumption. My rebuild however included a new rod and crankshaft as well.

docs

They said they couldn't bore it because it was out of round to far or something like that. This is a place called Forts engine repair been doing that work for years.

quote:Originally posted by DanD

Take your block to the machine shop and have it bored. I think .020 pistons are still available. I did a complete rebuild on the 326431 engine in my 7016 over 10 years ago and it is still running strong with no oil consumption. My rebuild however included a new rod and crankshaft as well.

id="quote">
id="quote">