Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler 341 in a B12

ronin70

I have a chance to get a kohler 341s engine for next to nothing, has anyone ever tried to put one of these in a B12? 16hp would be great for more horsepower in the old girl, and since I haven't put it back together yet it would be a good time to swap.

Anything will work. There is a guy that put a 10hp diesel in. Personally I would go with a briggs 16hp to keep the same brand, and the wiring would be simple. Sometimes price dictates the project!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I put a K341 into my B110 after the 10 horse Briggs blew up. I hated having to cut to make it fit but it's a amazing tractor and the engine runs awesome! It did take some work. I'm going to build my other B110 all original. But the one I put the K341 into I'm just going to clean it all up and make it pretty and I use it all the time. I also have B212. I just rebuilt the transmission/transaxle in the B212. I love these old tractors, so much better then the new ones!

quote:Originally posted by TheLawnMowerMan

I put a K341 into my B110 after the 10 horse Briggs blew up. I hated having to cut to make it fit but it's a amazing tractor and the engine runs awesome! It did take some work. I'm going to build my other B110 all original. But the one I put the K341 into I'm just going to clean it all up and make it pretty and I use it all the time. I also have B212. I just rebuilt the transmission/transaxle in the B212. I love these old tractors, so much better then the new ones!

id="quote">
id="quote">Looking forward to following your progress on these buildsWelcome to the club Bryan.

• 1 month later...

I will get some pictures of it and my B212. The weather is getting pretty nasty here so if I can I will this week. They're currently in hibernation mode. I'm getting ready to start getting my other B110 all apart to do the complete restoration this winter, and I will also get pictures of it as I start that project. I've been bitten by the bug and am now looking for more to add to my collection! I've come to the conclusion I need at least one of all the bigger B series tractors, lol. Anyway sorry that I haven't gotten back with you or added pictures yet, life seems to get in the way sometimes, lol. Thanks for the welcoming and interest. Looking forward to talking with you and seeing what you all have as well as sharing my collection.

Thanks for the welcomes, and how cool that you're so close by me. I just got a simplicity 17GTH-L and the original owner put a Kohler M18 in it. I would've gotten some pictures up but it's been real cold and I've been spending my time trying to get the newer workhorse running properly. Still having problems with it and I'm out of ideas. This thing has me irritated. It runs but not as it should. Anyways I'm going to start a thread on that and hopefully someone can help. Thanks again for all the welcomes.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some pictures I could get of the B110 that I put the Kohler K341 in, will get better pictures when I can. The PO painted it as it sits, but I will be giving it a new correct paint job here probably this coming summer.20141216_180543_zps5673ae88.jpg

20141216_180559_zps31ca2486.jpg