Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blower advice

OkieGT

Hope you can bear with me, I know knowing about snow blowers (I have three, never used them)we only get snow every 3 or 4 years, or at least snow worth blowing, I'm going to look for a snow blower or snow blade (hint hint) for my 7016, after seeing several post showing what appears to be a hitch that is needed with the snowblower, I may opt for the front plow route. Do some of these blowers come with or are they sold with the hitch or is it always a separate transaction? I have a blower from my Allis 416H, a 40"shaft drive Bolens, and a two stage 48" shaft drive Ariens blower that works well on leaves, maybe I ought to look for other attachments

Used simplicity tractor blowers are almost always found with one type of hitch or another included. The single stage snowblower head units made from around 1971 or so and up are pretty much interchangeable between hitches.

The only reason for separate transactions, really, for blowers and hitches is if one finds a good blower for reasonable money, but with the wrong hitch for ones tractor. then one would have to buy the right hitch to mate the blower to their tractor. Finding a used hitch locally is next to impossible in most cases. Ebay and other internet venues like this club are about the best bet.

Usually hitches can cost more than the whole blower can be bought locally. Case in point back when I was buying and selling lawn & garden stuff, I bough a brand new 36" blower at a auction with a hitch for a 6200 series lawn tractor for a whopping $25. Cost me $100 for the sovereign single pulley hitch off the internet. Of course I sold the 6200 series hitch on Ebay for around $60.. so it all evened out sort of.

Plows work great, I used to plow snow in town with a Wheel horse, then a Soveriegn for a number of years. However, out of town in the country a plow is neary useless on a long lane. The more you pile it up on the sides with a blade, the more it drifts. That's when I started using a blower for the long runs, and a blade up by the building. This combo works best for me.

I have a front PTO on my new Simplicity 7016H, so what kind of hitch would i need, single or double. I pushed the snow on my 400 yard driveway with my old 7016HK it had 15 inches of hard snow on it, 3 years ago. I had the blade angled, but the snow still came over the hood on one side, two days later we got another 11 inches and I did it all over again, 20 feet before I hit the garage on the second go around the BGB went out, but she finished the job. I was using Simplicity wheel weights, Deestone AGs with chains, and my big butt

quote:Originally posted by OkieGT

Thanks guys, so I need a two pulley for a front PTO and a one pulley for a mid mount PTO

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes, but keep in mind that the mid mount pto single pulley type only works on the 7100 series style tractors, not the 7000 series.

Its too bad someone looking for an older blower for a 900 or 7100 series doesn't live closer to Baldwin, WI. There is a 42" blower on an online auction that closes in a day or two and its only been bid up to $29.00. Looks complete too.

quote:Originally posted by jmhusby

Its too bad someone looking for an older blower for a 900 or 7100 series doesn't live closer to Baldwin, WI. There is a 42" blower on an online auction that closes in a day or two and its only been bid up to $29.00. Looks complete too.

id="quote">
id="quote">How about a link to the auction?