Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hanging a tiller to paint

OkieGT

Do not try this at home. I tried to hoist a tiller in the air over my basketball goal, a 3+ inch pipe, unbeknownst to me the pipe was rotted at ground level. I hooked the tiller to a chain then threw the chain over the top of the goal support and then hooked it to the back of the Allis 716H. The tiller never really got completely off the ground before this great thud behind me told me sumting wong, this could have been really bad for my tractor or tiller

DSCF3806.JPG

DSCF3802 - Copy.JPG

DSCF3806.JPG.80c595aaecd7a51ac9245ad94630f90c.JPG

57e059d066b67_DSCF3802-Copy.JPG.47d6b1ce1634fb837a6ece92469f41ef.JPG

mike do what i did buy a chain hoist 1 ton double up a 2 by 4 in your garage ceiling ive lifted a 38 heavy duty tiller like it was nothing and i try not to go any bigger.

quote:Originally posted by yukon

mike do what i did buy a chain hoist 1 ton double up a 2 by 4 in your garage ceiling ive lifted a 38 heavy duty tiller like it was nothing and i try not to go any bigger.

id="quote">
id="quote">I have a 30x30 cement block shop with 10 ft doors and 12 ft ceiling, It has an 10" I-beam running across it and a 2 ton chain hoist hooked to the I-beam, problem is, I've got a engine on the hoist working on another tractor, I need one inside and one outside for two projects, or to paint when its nice, here Oklahoma we can paint most of the winter

Mike ya think this would work for a couple of trees I have in the way? Got my tiller out but not sure what size chain to use. Glad your ok.