Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity7013H

Snow Blade

Simplicity7013H

Well I decided to stick with just the snow plow for this upcoming winter. But when I got the plow last March it didn't have the metal strip at the bottom. Anyone know where I can get one. Possibly a rubber strip(like on truck snow plows) thanks

GrincheyOne

A while ago, Zippo mentioned that the local state highway yard had used wear plates. Just neededto be cut to size.

Wayne

HerbP

A buddy of mine works for a metal fab company so I had him hack a piece off some 3/16" sheet with his ginormous shears... He then hacked off a second piece and gave it to me. Then I drilled some holes and bolted it to my plow blade.

So suggest you have a wander into one of these steel shops and see if they can't hack off a chunk... They might even decide it was too simple and quick to figure out how to charge you $20 for it.

PhanDad

And if you want to pay big $$$ for one, I believe they are still available from a Simplicity dealer. (A least for the 46" "turn from seat blade", Part #107105.)

Mike

That wear bar is an important part of the plow, I rotate mine every year. I use all 4 edges.