Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'69 2110 LL Repower.

GrincheyOne

Congrats Wayne dOd Feels good to have a "runner/worker" just in time for spring chores. I cant wait after the seemingly endless winter we've had here.

ps...Do you have the hood or is the "princess" going topless? sm01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrincheyOne

• fishnwiz

• ss74nova

• GLPointon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greg,

It used to be a hood, The PO hacked some gross openings in it to accommodate the oddball fuel tank. It is not on since I still have to do some work on the grill for the syncro balance gear casing on the engine. Some fine day I'll be mounting a console from a B110 on it (thanks to Jim Dick). It is actually destined to go on the '68 ll REhab 14HP repower, when ever that gets back together, to mount the instruments, and switches. Later today I hope to install the tach/run clock, and put the remote control rod onto the 46" trip blade (Yes after two years I found it behind a cabinet, when the garage flooded.)

Thanks,

Wayne

It's a great feeling hearing a tractor engine fire up when it hasn't run in a long time.dOd Especially on a newly purchased one that the PO couldn't get running. I love the sound of a Briggs early in the morning or anytime. :D

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

ps...Do you have the hood or is the "princess" going topless? sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">

:D

Just to satisfy GregPs question.IT does have a hood! *

P82A08051.jpg

and A "cheesy seat deck" (not from WI) LOL

P82A08041.jpg

W* The "44" was to indicate to GregB where my drive was located, since Comcast put the wrong Zip Code into the GPS database! There is no real, or inferred reference to Zippo's "Engine 44"

P82A08051.jpg.b79a3f995d0cd26a8c6e7ea1d98b4787.jpg

P82A08041.jpg.9afdeb812801b116619a1e673f739ffc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Monday (4/6)

the last dry day til this coming Saturday, after making her earn her keep, I decided to do a "4 corner" lube. All went well until I got to the LH axle tube. Could not find the zerk, either sheared off or totally missing! Any one know the wall thickness of the axle tube? In case I have to drill and tap to add one. I'll be pulling the LH wheel in a week or two, to mount the new Deestones 23x10.5-12 6 plys. Got a great deal at Amazon on a pair, as compared to local discount prices.

Free shipping also. Got a good deal on a new drive belt, at 1/2 the price at the local Simplicity "Dealer Stealer".^

Cheers, Stay dry!

W

Finally the rain stopped, but my personal schedule filled up, while I waited. My cell decided to take a vacation, and Sprint sent me a unsuitable "replacement" fo the replacement. My take on the term; it should be LIK (Like In Kind), but isn't!. After endless hours on the phone I had to purchase an upgrade :(! There goes the funds for triribs !$! Been scrubbing the tar/undercoat off of the interior of a 12" spare rim to clean/refinish the rims to have the new Deestone 6 ply's mounted. At $6 each it is not worth my effort, or the risk of my messing up the beads.

Today I got some good seat time with her, when a couple of the four cars in my turnaround were MIA.dOd. She behaved very well after I put a new drive belt on last night. Now to figure where the missing belt stops are mounted.sm00

• 2 weeks later...

Pushed the envelope last night, and swapped the seat, from the "Queen 4212G" to the "PO Princess 2110/12", no more sitting on an old car floor mat.:D

P82A08531.jpg

P82A08541.jpg

What's a few more holes in a very holy deck?Earlier in the week, I installed the tach/clock I had laying around.this one I like (it has display large enough for these aging eyes to read)dOd

P82A08511.jpg

Hope all had a GR8 weekend, full of seat time!got a chance to upload two short (50 second duration each0part 1

part 2
Since i got a break in the rain to let the grounds dry, it now reads 7.4.Please view this...http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=148998Thank You dOdWayne

P82A08531.jpg.fae6ceb8f42698f4a9523423b1a4e6af.jpg

P82A08541.jpg.fe8910968d464b1df1fd1dbceaec09eb.jpg

P82A08511.jpg.2f2239dacb0dfc80c1e23d85638263b9.jpg

• 2 months later...

Got 32" JD Tiller attached, after rebuilding the entire rear lift group. The PO had everything out of wack!as long as we have a dry spell, I have been tilling a 14x26 garden patch. First time in 27 years!Before the last pass I installed the 10" drive pulley kit! Much better ground speed. Latest runtime i up to 13.3 hours.Near time to change over to summer weight crankcase oil 30W.Almost time to take a break to pick raspberries (it's that time of year)!d:)Cheers to AllWayneA little change to the cockpit (thanks to the late JimDK)!

NewWheel.jpg

Needed it, the old "airplane" wheel's rim was cracked in three places.With this wheel I get more leg room, and ease of getting on/off the tractor!dOd

NewWheel.jpg.700b9f34d40638317138b4c46da1397e.jpg

• 5 months later...
quote:Originally posted by CTD01

Question on the tach. Is it adjustable for the amount of cylinders aka degrees of firing?

id="quote">
id="quote">The tach/runtime device is preset for a 4 cycle,single cylinder engine.Bought it through Amazon (cheap) had it for awhile before installing it.It now has over 25 hours on it. automatically reads RPM with engine running, reads runtime when engine shuts off.

Ran for awhile on 12/24, towing the splitter and utility trailer (hauling the generator on-board). I use the gen to power the electric chainsaw. Using that saw at 6# is a lot less tiring than the 20# gas saw, also don't have to inhale the exhaust fumes for hours.Finished cutting bucking lengths and towed the "train" back to the house.Get up Christmas and find this under my tree (so to speak)...

wheel_off.jpg

With the rain coming on strong on Christmas eve, I did not notice this bearing failure. Cage on outer bearing failed, and the RH front wheel was as above! All that was remaining of it was the inner race.As luck has it, and I can use some! two years ago I broke down the front wheel assemblies from the the '66 BigTen, and the '68 2110.There be my spare parts, separated by wheel into ZipLoc bags. Spent about an hour cleaning off the old grease, and grime, buffed up the axle with some fine Emory cloth. rinsed the interior of the wheel,and checked the condition of both the built-in outer races. Now as day light went away, The rains returned, which carried over into Saturday. OK that signaled the end of this project, until later on Sunday. By then the wind kicked up enough to make it uncomfortable to continue until a dry/warmer day.Yeah right! also want to check the LH wheel WHILE MY ONLY RUNNING WORKER IS OUT OF SERVICE !!!We expect rain now from 4pm Monday to 5pm Tuesday, mixed with snow the first 3 hours, followed by 5 hours of sleet, OH JOY!sm00

wheel_off.jpg.2d96829c116e589ad74f6bd5113baef7.jpg

Enjoyed your thread Wayne, you overcame lots of challenges there! We sat inside all day (vacation this week) with a NorEaster blowing like a banshee, snow, sleet, rain, wind. Caught up with all my Googling sit time. Hope you come through the storm in good shape

• Who's Online (See full list)

• gwiseman
    • oldsarge
    • StanD
    • TheFlash300
    • Darl Swartz
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts