Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yet another question.

EdFromMason

Well as I said before I got my system 7016 to work and run. My new issue/old one is that in order to start it I need to pour some gas down the air filter part of the carb. After doing so it will start right up and run I think very good. I can shut it down and as long as I start it back up within a hour it will start just as it should. Leave it for a few hours or overnight it will not start as it should. Unless I do the gas down the carb trick again.

Are you using the choke to start it? Years ago, the dealer told me to start my old Briggs with full choke, just crack the throttle. Always started.

I am wondering if the float is set wrong? Would be odd, but it may need the syphon to keep fuel even though it is a gravity, which could also be a restriction in the line. Also check the bottom of the tank to make sure there is not crud in the inlet. I had a 3416 that would run like a champ for 10 minutes or so then sputter out. It would be a half an hour before it ran again. Turns out the carb was lean, an eighth of a turn and it was great!

hi id ck the elbo gaskets on the engine and at the carb and id ck the carb top for warpage it needs to be within .003 at the hole. and ck the float for pin holes they are brass and reset the float. if after all this and it still starts hard then proceed to the valves ck adj and relap or replace.

Quote:

"hi id ck the elbo gaskets on the engine and at the carb and id ck the carb top for warpage it needs to be within .003 at the hole. and ck the float for pin holes they are brass and reset the float. if after all this and it still starts hard then proceed to the valves ck adj and relap or replace."

With all the Internet assistance tools out there, why not check your "work" before clicking the "Post" button?

Merriam Webster would be rolling rolling over in his grave on this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merriam-Webster

I'm sure there will be a backlash comment or two, but what the heck.

Tom (PK)

Well Tom this is a can of worms you do not want to open, spyder400 is by no means the only guy that either abbreviates or misspells, heck half the guys on the forum, me included make mistakes. It wasn't unreadable by any means, so as much of the deficiency lies within you as lies within the poster. We just can't start being the grammar police on a forum like this. It is sometimes just as hard to understand what some one is trying to say when all their grammar is correct, communication by typing isn't ideal. I really think you might want to make amends on this one.

I don't think of PK1 as the "grammar police". I've noticed the misspelling too, but keep it to myself. Mostly I just smile with amusement.:D Lets not take ourselves too damn seriously. It's just garden tractors.:o Just my opinion, Dave

Before you start tearing the tractor apart check to make sure

your choke is closing all the way.

If it is then try holding the throttle shaft closed it the carb

while cranking.

I think you will find most of the problems with the old stuff

is pretty simple,sometimes you need to back off and have a beer

and think it over.

Keep it simple!:D

quote:Originally posted by powerking_one

Quote:"hi id ck the elbo gaskets on the engine and at the carb and id ck the carb top for warpage it needs to be within .003 at the hole. and ck the float for pin holes they are brass and reset the float. if after all this and it still starts hard then proceed to the valves ck adj and relap or replace."With all the Internet assistance tools out there, why not check your "work" before clicking the "Post" button? Merriam Webster would be rolling rolling over in his grave on this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merriam-WebsterI'm sure there will be a backlash comment or two, but what the heck. Tom (PK)

id="quote">
id="quote">We've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is the first time we've seen it with numbers. Good example of a Brain Study: If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.7H15 M3554G353RV35 7O PR0V3H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4ND0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG17 WA5 H4RD BU7N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3Y0UR M1ND 1SR34D1NG 174U70M471C4LLYW17H 0U7 3V3N7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,B3 PROUD! 0NLYC3R741N P30PL3 C4NR3AD 7H15.PL3453 F0RW4RD 1FU C4N R34D 7H15.To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends with 'yes' in the subject line. Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.Can you raed this? Olny 55 people out of 100 can.I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it.

I would have expected a person that made such a post about another to defend his position as to why he felt it necessary to affect another person's feelings. Apparently his post was nothing more than a bomb drop on a person he doesn't care for or disagrees with. I really think the mods should have pulled this post or shut this thread down

It was probably done on a phone, or a notepad. There is still good info being given in this thread.

Tom, I really wouldn't worry about it. Most everyone got what he was saying.