Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

vinyl decals

OkieGT

someone posted in here awhile back about a problem with click it and stick it AKA Vintage Reproduction, I know why. It' not their decals its their customer service. I bought a decal that is for the model and serial number, I thought that they would contact me or have a entry area for the numbers. they do not. When I ask them how I could remedy my situation their response is buy another decal from us and this time we'll put it in, screw that. I have 18 old GTs if I bought decals for all of them and the attachments it would be several thousand dollars. I can buy onecensored1.gifof a vinyl maker or pay someone that cares about taking care of the customer, but what I can't do is deal with a company who's solution to THEIR problem is for me to pay them for another decal. That's nuts. It's the little things that keep you in business, anyone can do the big things.

My email to click it and stick it has so far has drawn no response. If a company decides that a customer is not worth a response or follow up, or that response or follow up is tardy, it says alot about a company. This is the second time I have ordered from them, just three different individual attachment decals, small potatoes so far, however I had planned on ordering decals for several tractors in the near future. I don't see how I am to do business with a company that thinks customer service is me sucking up to them and okaying their poor customer service. Like I said 18 tractors times 150.00 per tractor with attachments is a lot of business to lose to poor customer service, it kind of shows what kind of character a company has, one that won't get my hard earned money.

I have bought several sets from them and 1 set was missing a decal I asked them about it and they shipped it right out to me. IMO there great people to do business with

I'm not understanding. Less than 8 hours elapsed between your posts, and you are fuming because you haven't heard from them? I usually hear from them within about 24 hours, which in my experience with ANY service provider these days, is FANTASTIC.

I'm also not understanding what makes this their fault.....you knew you were purchasing a vinyl decal (it's tough to stamp anything into vinyl...oem was foil or plate to allow this). You also received what was pictured, correct? Did they send something different? Like others have mentioned in other posts regarding this supplier and their products, ASKING about adding a serial # or such text to a decal is how you would normally go about having that added on. To do so, you kinda need to ask before you order it....or at least before they produce it for you.

To me, this sounds like buying shoes with white laces, and later blaming the retailer because you didn't get red laces. They are not mind readers.

I also highly doubt you were going to spend $2700 on decals with these folks. In your first post, after calling out the qty of machines you have, and the cost it would require to re-decal them, you say "I can buy onecensored1.gifof a vinyl maker"...so why didn't you go that route?

These are great guys, with a great record here, and elsewhere. I dont see this as their problem, and still wouldn't if I were the one holding the decal. Every business has to deal with PITA customers, and cannot please everyone. Don't be one of those folks. Own up, and reorder or make due. You aren't gaining their good will by bitching.

I have ordered a dash plate sticker from them. I was actually very impressed with the quality and specifically the clarity of the decal. It was top knotch in my book. Honestly, it sounds like, and I have done it myself, asuming they knew what you knew. Im guessing the plus size is it was not a lot of money. I agree though, you gotta give them a full day to respond...sorry you had issues with them. They did do well by me...

I also have ordered several sets of ID Decals (for model & serial #'s) and didnt get MY numbers put on them. Ray was the 1st I saw that had this done...But I surely did not blame Vintage. How is it their fault that I FORGOT or DIDNT ASK for the decals to be customized (which they will do for free!)

I sorry, I know it seems like guys are jumping you over this, but it is just because Vintage is a very helpful company. Please give them another try sm01

When I order from a COMPANY and a mistake has been made, mine or their's I expect a prompt email. When I emailed vintage about the blank decal I asked them to tell me how I could stamp the decal and fix it myself, I never asked them to fix the problem or do anything but give me a little advice. Their advice was for me to pay them 8.00. I already know I could buy another decal and have it stamped, duh. Thanks for the unhelpful advice. I know if I'm dealing with an individual on craigslist or by email that it's not the same, case in point, I have emailed a person twice on his craigslist ads, both times he said he would get back to me, so far that hasn't happened, once was many weeks ago, once last week, big deal, oh well. I'm not upset with him not getting back to me about some parts on craigslist, he's a busy guy with alot more on his plate than to be concerned about every Tom, Dick, or Mike that emails him about parts he has advertised, although I would like a couple things, lol. I hold a business to a higher standard and we all should. I still ask why they sell a blank decal without a entry data point to enter the model/serial numbers? That is something a real company can and should do, the place I order clothes from does. I believe each and every one of you when you say they are a good company and you have received good service. The decals I received were top notch as well, and I told them that when I emailed them asking how I could stamp my decal. I appreciate every post and agree with all of them, but I still have a blank decal and still no response from vintage. One member already bought a decal machine, I'm already shopping for one myself. It just seems crazy to buy decals; as crazy as it is to pay someone else to work on our machines. If I bought decals for all the rest of the machines I haven't bought for I'm 2,000 lighter, I can get into a great machine and the vinyl for half that. Anyone have an idea how I can stamp my blank decal?

It had never occurred to me that you could not stamp these decals just the same as the OEM ones. I suppose this would also apply to the Wells and Maple-Hunter decals too? They never offered a serial numbering service, but then I never thought to ask. I bought my decals six to eight years ago and never used them yet. I would think if they cannot be stamped, and if they offer printing them, it should be noted with the product description.

Saw a set of number stamps at a swap meet yesterday for $3. Take a look at the flee markets. Pounding #s on those small decals is easy and makes them look more original anyway (my opinion).

I've ordered a few decal kits for my tractors and the product and service has always been A++. They're a great company in my opinion. I'm sure if you just make the suggestion to add an option to enter model and serial numbers on the website that he would probably happily do it to make you and future customers happy. The 7016 sovereign decal kit did not have seat deck stripes included a few years ago so I called and asked him about it and he has added them to the kit since then. He will go out of his way to make the customer happy in all my experiences with them.

Well, as my father used to say, you catch a lot more bees with honey, than you do with vinegar.

As it seems I have heard nothing but good things about Cory and his company.....for years, it kind of makes you wonder how they were approached and what was said. Usually when a company known for excellent service dismisses a customer it is either by accident, or................perhaps it is the customer who is the issue.

I was more than happy with Click It and Stick It. I recently purchased a decal set for a Deutz Allis 914H I recently purchased. Their service was superior and shipping was super fast! I needed a new ID tag with the numbers on it and I emailed them with the numbers. They emailed me a proof back and as soon as I approved it they sent me a PayPal invoice. I sent them the payment and they shipped the decal right out . I'd definitely would do business with them again.

quote:Originally posted by rs07

I was more than happy with Click It and Stick It. I recently purchased a decal set for a Deutz Allis 914H I recently purchased. Their service was superior and shipping was super fast! I needed a new ID tag with the numbers on it and I emailed them with the numbers. They emailed me a proof back and as soon as I approved it they sent me a PayPal invoice. I sent them the payment and they shipped the decal right out . I'd definitely would do business with them again.

id="quote">
id="quote">I hear you. That has been my experience with them for the past 8 years. Nothing but perfect service.