Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity dump cart???

fishnwiz

I guess this was a generic cart made by the same makers of the simplicity carts?? 15.00 dollars and in EXCELLENT condition at an estate sale. If it was a Simp repaint it was done real good! Sure looks like same maker? No hint of orange or ID tag to be found on it?

IMG_0001_259.jpg

IMG_0001_261.jpg

IMG_0001_260.jpg

IMG_0001_262.jpg

IMG_0001_259.jpg.2ba55ed71e34b5a1a053e835b08e2bb0.jpg

IMG_0001_261.jpg.20fd9a053c7aedc4985ccd98c068fe80.jpg

IMG_0001_260.jpg.32c8de02dfe6dc6389b52d2d030224df.jpg

IMG_0001_262.jpg.0c85b455991a5db2531b741339fab1ad.jpg

Cart has already found a new home with Dan Reeds (clean bee) brother!

On a fluke cold call Dans brother stopped by my home to look at my leaf vac and I ended up giving him a killer deal on both!

Dan, you need to get your brother active in our site...he has a keen tractor interest that must run in your family!:Did="size1">

Thanks...someone spent some time on the repaint....looks factory! Are you sure its not a China knockoff:D

That makes more sense to me as the paint on this cart looks to be a professional factory paint and seemed to be a little less then bright white like Brinley stuff looks like.

Thanks Ray.

Ray; the cart design goes back into the fifties for the long tongue ride on carts for the walk behinds. The frame was also used for the lawn roller for WB's and as a sulky only with the box removed. If they were made by Brinley it seems odd that they never marketed a version of that design in their own name as it is the best dumping cart ever sold.I believe the white versions were made for AC 300/400 attachments only..Dave

They also used the white carts and other white attachments with the Simplicity System 7016 and others in 1975. It is in the first link I posted above.

I was going to suggest Allis trailer. I believe it is factory original, and as has been stated, Allis or System attachments.

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

I was going to suggest Allis trailer. I believe it is factory original, and as has been stated, Allis or System attachments.

id="quote">
id="quote">Wouldn't there be a Simplicity tag on it if it were system ?

Could have fallen off or it may never got put on it. My yellow Allis cart is original and has no decals on it at all.

I tell ya...if that's original white paint, that cart could be called NOS! My white stuff gets' rustier than that from humidity, much less cart types of use. Amazing.

I don't know what to tell you...It looks all original but who can tell. There always seems to be some indication of spray work being done and I find nothing at all...even the black paint looks to be original semi gloss paint job.

There were not any indications of scratches in the bed except for a few light ones.

If someone did paint this they did a frame off resto in a paint booth.

IMO I feel it was totally stock ...but what do I know?

This link shows a green one too...thats 6 colors so far yellow, orange, white, black, blue, green...They did offer a Squire trailer too, not sure of the color.?and was there a JCPenny yellow or blue for the Wards "Twin twenty"..?http://www.simpletractors.com/deutz/ultima_attachments.htm

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Sweeet sm01Black too? I thought 4 colors. Did Homelite ever do a blue or Duetz-Allis green?

id="quote">
id="quote">

Your right Chris, That looks like a Trac-vac trailer or Agri-fab style...NOT one of ours. That brings us back to 5 colors & the old Squire trailer?(black & white ad)...any more?

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

I have never seen one of these in Deutz green. Look closely at the links in the Deutz brochure. The carts are generic, not Simplicity carts, the hitches are different as well as there is a rail across the top.http://www.simpletractors.com/images/deutz/lineup.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">

Greg; I believe Mark was referring to the black frame and not a complete black cart. I have only seen these carts in the four colors and am in possession of three; orange, white and yellow......Dave

Dave I think there's more than 4...

Confirmed colors: Yellow, Orange, White, Blue

also an old black & white ad shows a Squire trailer (maybe bronze?)

http://www.simpletractors.com/wards_1962/lawn_trac.htm

I bet JCPenny offered one with their Simp made tractor..? or the Wards Twin twenty

Here is the Homelite blue:

http://www.simpletractors.com/homelite/page_4.htm

Here is the Simplicity white:

http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1975.htm

I have an original white tiller from a 7000 series (system 7000)

I was sure I've seen a black trailer on a late model Simplicity ad (with the black tillers, etc..?)

I find this very interesting.

also did Simp/Allis make any of the trailers, attachments for the Agco, Massey, Deutz lines? (in addition to the Wards, JCPennys above)