Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Noly

How many Homelites?

SmilinSam

I have done a total restore on a Allis T-15 before, which I no longer have.

Had 2 Simplicity made CT-10's that I refurbished and used for a year or 2 before selling those..

Bought and resold a Allis T-10 6 speed, a couple of Allis T-16 Shuttles, and several Allis T-16 Hydros, both early and late versions.

Also had a Simplicity T-16H my son restored and sold. The larger Simplicity built versions are the hardest to find in my opinion.

fishnwiz
quote:Originally posted by RayS

I have a T16 Simplicity built. It is in pieces in the attic of my garage for a future restore that probably will never happen.

id="quote">
id="quote">Rayyour "the man"...how can you say it won't happen"? :D

Talntedmrgreen

I have an AC built T-16H (early) and T-8. I had a beautiful T-16S (late) that I recently passed on as well.

20140520_140152.jpg

20131027_144127.jpg

T8inBeaverDamWI-1.png

I also sold my Simplicity built T-13S and CT-10.

20130526_131417.jpg

20131027_145029.jpg

I love the color scheme of the Homies, and really like the design of the AC built machines. Aside from the rear end and engine, they are unique in their build, and many components are superior to the Simplicity machines, IMO. I installed rear lift from my T-16S into my T-16H, and was very impressed with how it was designed. It's quite robust for a little GT. The front axles are also much nicer than what Simplicity offered. Attaching and removing my 42" blower from the T-16S was much simpler than a Simplicity style blower....this was enabled by the electric PTO and unique front axle. I also like that they use a rod for the rear lift vs cable, as the FDT's did.The Homies would be my favorite machine, if they had hydraulic lift vs electric. The electric takes some getting used to...it's slow and I can't get a 'feel' for attachment use through the toggle like I can through the hydraulics.

20140525_183835.jpg

kwt
On 10/6/2014 at 9:38 AM, Talntedmrgreen said:

The front axles are also much nicer than what Simplicity offered.

Front axles are pure beef. It's too bad they never got the upgraded steering gears of the 7000 series.

SmilinSam
5 hours ago, bud119195 said:

Since this post started I have hoarded 18 Homelites half are Simplicity built and others are Homelite Teatro built

Looks like you got one Allis built lawn tractor in the line too. T-8?

Used to have some literature on those 3 oddballs in the front, but its all long gone now. Not sure where it went. ...Are those the ones they used to call lawn tracs and garden tracs?

Edited by SmilinSam

bud119195
10 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Looks like you got one Allis built lawn tractor in the line too. T-8?

Used to have some literature on those 3 oddballs in the front, but its all long gone now. Not sure where it went. ...Are those the ones they used to call lawn tracs and garden tracs?

Sam, they were Yard Trac's built by Homelite, and yes its a t8 Allis built

• Like 1