Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How many Homelites?

Noly

I have not had the honor of owning one myself as I do not see many in my area.

The only blue tractor I have had was an older ford 10hp.sm02

I have done a total restore on a Allis T-15 before, which I no longer have.

Had 2 Simplicity made CT-10's that I refurbished and used for a year or 2 before selling those..

Bought and resold a Allis T-10 6 speed, a couple of Allis T-16 Shuttles, and several Allis T-16 Hydros, both early and late versions.

Also had a Simplicity T-16H my son restored and sold. The larger Simplicity built versions are the hardest to find in my opinion.

I know a of a mower repair shop with a Homelite that has been sitting outside for years . The guy is usually to high on his prices. How much would be to high a price?

quote:Originally posted by RayS

I have a T16 Simplicity built. It is in pieces in the attic of my garage for a future restore that probably will never happen.

id="quote">
id="quote">Rayyour "the man"...how can you say it won't happen"? :D

I have an AC built T-16H (early) and T-8. I had a beautiful T-16S (late) that I recently passed on as well.

20140520_140152.jpg

20131027_144127.jpg

T8inBeaverDamWI-1.png

I also sold my Simplicity built T-13S and CT-10.

20130526_131417.jpg

20131027_145029.jpg

I love the color scheme of the Homies, and really like the design of the AC built machines. Aside from the rear end and engine, they are unique in their build, and many components are superior to the Simplicity machines, IMO. I installed rear lift from my T-16S into my T-16H, and was very impressed with how it was designed. It's quite robust for a little GT. The front axles are also much nicer than what Simplicity offered. Attaching and removing my 42" blower from the T-16S was much simpler than a Simplicity style blower....this was enabled by the electric PTO and unique front axle. I also like that they use a rod for the rear lift vs cable, as the FDT's did.The Homies would be my favorite machine, if they had hydraulic lift vs electric. The electric takes some getting used to...it's slow and I can't get a 'feel' for attachment use through the toggle like I can through the hydraulics.

20140525_183835.jpg

We have a T10 with 42" deck, and was given an old rusted up very sad shape T-8 with deck a few years ago that we might get to restoring some day.

• 4 years later...

Since this is a old post, Has anyone besides me added to there Homelite collection? I am up to 10 now

Edited by bud119195

On 10/6/2014 at 9:38 AM, Talntedmrgreen said:

The front axles are also much nicer than what Simplicity offered.

Front axles are pure beef. It's too bad they never got the upgraded steering gears of the 7000 series.

• 1 year later...

Nice.

How about some close up pics of the additions.

Going to add any Jacobson Homelites?  I've seen some locally - but they're red. :( 

5 hours ago, bud119195 said:

Since this post started I have hoarded 18 Homelites half are Simplicity built and others are Homelite Teatro built

Looks like you got one Allis built lawn tractor in the line too. T-8?

Used to have some literature on those 3 oddballs in the front, but its all long gone now. Not sure where it went. ...Are those the ones they used to call lawn tracs and garden tracs?

Edited by SmilinSam

10 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Looks like you got one Allis built lawn tractor in the line too. T-8?

Used to have some literature on those 3 oddballs in the front, but its all long gone now. Not sure where it went. ...Are those the ones they used to call lawn tracs and garden tracs?

Sam, they were Yard Trac's built by Homelite, and yes its a t8 Allis built

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been missing from the club for quite sometime now but I joined when Ken first started his club on the Yahoo home page. That’s been a long time ago and I am so pleased to keep an eye on the club and seeing it’s still going strong.

I still have my T 12 in very good condition but I installed years ago a 15 hp Briggs on it. It was in such good condition when I was ripping up some sod - with its wheel weights and chains on I broke the right rear axle. I always planned on replacing it it having it professionally done but at $800 I never found the money. It’s been parked now for about 15 years in my storage building. No rust or anything like that it’s deck is in as good condition as my 2014 simplicity’s broadmoor. I have been at a lost as to what to do with it but my wife two times now while I was in the hospital about send it to the Salvation Army or give it to a guy that parts old tractors out somewhere near us. I would have gone right back into the hospital if she had done it. I love that tractor I used to plow 10 - 12 driveways with it but only used its deck maybe twice. I don’t know where the gallery went to but I had pictures of it in there. The strangest thing is I was looking up Homelite tractors on Wiki and I couldn’t believe my eyes they had my picture of it taken from our clubs gallery. Not Kidd either. But the club unless I have missed it the gallery doesn’t have Homelites. That tractor pushes snow up to 10-14 inches with no problem is it’s more on the powdery side. Of course that’s with LOL almost 400 pounds of weight county me butt LOL. Sorry for such long comment sense my brain tumor was removed I do some strange things and comments being long is one of them.

BTW My neighbor is showing some interest in my Homelite so I might just sell it to him plus 2 plows for $300 bucks. Thanks Happyjack 

Edited by happyjack
  • Like 1