Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for fall plowing

peterinbrooklyn

peterinbrooklyn

I picked up a simplicity moldboard bottom plow today. Bee. Looking for one locally for awhile. Finally found one 30 min from home. It has been used very lighly and I even got a stinger weight that fits in a sleeve in the back side of the plow. Got it mounted up on the squire 10 w/hydro lift front cast iron wheel weights and front counter weight. Also has the rear wheel spacers from the front end loader package. 23x10.50 Carlisle super lugs out back and 16x6.50-8 Carlisle super lugs up front.

7567AED6-AD3F-4222-8BF9-E09D586092E3_zpsloglssxr.jpg

DB4C04AD-D56C-4AA9-BD92-A90E2197CF5A_zpsz7mynirh.jpg

B99B1E51-63F0-4C81-BCF0-20B88FEB6674_zpstxqo3jye.jpg

I wish you guys who link from Photobucket would follow the instructions. You can link pics without making them spread across more than a reasonable screen width. It is a PITA to scroll left to right just to see your pics.It then also affects any replies to your post......Dave

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity plows pull the best, IMO. I got rid of my Brinly as soon as I put a Simplicity plow in the ground. What fun!

I've never cared for plowing with 10.5's though...they are awful wide for a 10" plow furrow, and with loader spacers, I'd think the tractor would be a real bear to steer & control. Why the weight on the plow? it should pull itself into the ground perfectly.

peterinbrooklyn

The plow has a bracket where the weight slides into. The guy I got it from said he got the plow new from the dealer and that's how it came.

I think thats an add-on. if adjusted properly the plow will dig right in. Maybe the PO had some bad clay??

Nice Squire there! I'm still waiting for one to restore...sm01

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

:o:D Wew, I thought you were talking fall SNOW plowing!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Plow,,,,, blade.Maybe it's because I don't own a snowblade.:D:DI always think of ground engaging when someone mentions plowing.

--- Wew, I thought you were talking fall SNOW plowing!-----

Hey, that's my gig. Packed 3 inches down on the driveway today.C

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Better you then me...you can keep the snow.

id="quote">
id="quote">Oh man...I can't wait. After last winter's bombardment, I was sick of snow till about mid August, now I'm ready for some seat time. dOd