Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Changes Ahead for TOM Contests

SmilinSam

Changes coming for December/January Tractor of the Month contestid="size5">

The Tractor of the Month committee has decided to change the timing of the TOM contests so that the winner shown will be shown in the month that the contest is for. This means that the January 2015 contest winner will be shown in the month of January. Every month thereafter will be the same format.

To do this we will be skipping the December 2014 contest because the January submission period and vote will be taking place in December.

Also the November winner will be posted only for two weeks instead of the normal 4 week period to accomplish this alteration in contest format.

id="size4">

The schedule will look like this for the remainder of 2014:

November Tom submissions will be Nov 1st through Nov 30th.

November Vote will be Dec 1st through Dec 15th

November Tom winner will be posted December 15th through Dec 31st

(November will be short posted for only two weeks.)

January TOM submissions will commence Nov 15th through Dec 15th.

January vote will be Dec 15th through Dec 31st

February Submission will also begin Dec 15th through Jan 15th

January winner will be posted Jan 1st through Jan 31st

• 1 month later...

Sorry, got confused and messed up. Posting Jan TOM today- about 10 days late.

Still have about 3 weeks to submit before the vote.

• 3 weeks later...

More changes coming
id="size6">id="red">

The intention is to move the TOM to Talking tractors and open it to all registered users as well.

However we have a technical problem.

There is no poll option showing for me in that forum. Without it there cant be a vote.

Waiting for some answers, so the February contest may be delayed for a few days...

You say in the other posting this is not competitive, but use the words winner, contest, and vote. That is a competition and you will get complaints about rules, categories, fairness, lack of clarity, bias. People have justifiable pride in their tractors and their work and want recognition so many will support continuation of the competition and hope to be chosen. It's just not important to me to have my efforts judged or to judge others. But it is significant for others, so keep it up. It's like being chosen as Best in Show at fairs.

Originally posted by PGL

You say in the other posting this is not competitive, but use the words winner, contest, and vote. That is a competition and you will get complaints about rules, categories, fairness, lack of clarity, bias. People have justifiable pride in their tractors and their work and want recognition so many will support continuation of the competition and hope to be chosen.

, but rather a fun and collective effort to post members tractor pictures to the Club home page each month.
id="quote">id="quote">Its all in how the individual sees things. A little pride doesn't hurt anything, and does serve positive purposes. However, like all vanities, if it goes too far it becomes detrimental and damaging to that individual as well as in many cases those around them. Should we all lay down and die because of the wreckless vanity of just a few? I think not. Life becomes no fun as such, and pretty soon no one can do anything anymore because of a few who cannot handle reality and see demons around every corner.
quote: It's just not important to me to have my efforts judged or to judge others. But it is significant for others, so keep it up. It's like being chosen as Best in Show at fairs.id="quote">
id="quote">While you may not find it important to judge others equipment in these contests, it sure seems quite important and significant for you to judge the contests overall. The only demons in these contests are the ones that any individual would place their themselves.....

Sam, I'm not judging or criticizing the contest, just explaining why I don't participate, as was asked. Congratulations on a good job. This club relys on its members volunteering and good will.

quote:Originally posted by PGL

Sam, I'm not judging or criticizing the contest, just explaining why I don't participate, as was asked. Congratulations on a good job. This club relys on its members volunteering and good will.

id="quote">
id="quote">We on the committee appreciate this, and we are trying to iron any bugs out as we go.As to peoples vanity causing problems down the road, that will have to be dealt with if/when the occasions arise.I just hope most all see this for what it is meant to be..just a means to have a little extra Fun in HeredOd