Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring trip plow

EdFromMason

Dad gave me a heavy spring trip snow plow/blade. Needs some TLC. I know it is missing some items and he dose not know or think he has them. All I have is one spring, mounting set up to the under frame and that is it. From pics I have seen on here and else where it would appear I am missing the parts to angle the blade from the seat and a spring. It needs a new bottom edge. The one on it is well worn and a set of shoes. Any ideas or anyone have some measurements of the items I am missing. Might try to make them. Or anyone know where I can get these used is just fine even if they need some TLC.

Thank you.

unless it is totally shot, you should be able to turn the wear edge upside down.

shoes show up on ebay once in a while or you could fab something.

same with the twist handle. Not too complicated if someone will get you some pics.

Here's some pics with dimensions for some of the parts you need:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51018

The spring is part #2101126, it's still available but expensive. $28.25 at Jack's!

And a mfg #s are 1690088 for the blade and 1690498 for the hitch. You should be able to download operating and parts manuals for them.

If you have the shoes and the pads are shot. You can weld a piece of 1/4" X 2" X 2" flat strap to the bottom. I do this on mine that way you can just change the pad on the bottom of the shoe. If you need a control rod for angle adjustment. I make those.